Chapter 56

I wanna ride a bike with you, fully undressed, no training wheels left for you, I'll pull them off for you.

-Melanie Martinez, Training Wheels

-

-

-

-

Carmen's Pov.

I shook my head back and forth as I stood just staring at Harry. A bubble of laughter was stuck at the back of my throat as my mouth was slightly agape. My bag hung lazily from my fingertips and I almost couldn't believe what was in front of me. I blinked a few, good times as Harry's laugh continued to fill the space around us.

"You have got to be joking me, right?" I asked as I took another step towards Harry.

"Oh, honey, I never joke around." Harry said and I would have rolled my eyes if shock wasn't still lingering in my veins.

Harry stood in front of me, leaning against...against a black freaking bicycle. Not only that, but he was leaning against it like it was the coolest thing in the world. He stood smirking down at me and I stood gaping up at him.

"I cannot believe you...oh my god, why?" The laugh I'd been holding in finally escaped and Harry's eyes twinkled.

"Because," He said, taking a step toward me until our noses were almost brushing, "You've gone way too many birthdays not knowing how to ride a bike and I will not stand for this tyranny."

"My not knowing how to ride a bike has nothing to do with the government or power." I said and threaded Harry's fingers with mine. "So this has nothing to do with tyranny."

Harry leaned down and gave me a quick, chaste kiss that made my stomach whirl.

"You're so damn smart," Harry told me and, in my head, I flipped my hair over my shoulder, "I just hope you're smart enough to ride this bike."

I pushed at his chest and he laughed. I looked over to the bike a little weary. I couldn't be that hard, really; It should be pretty simple actually.

"Throw you leg over it," Harry said into my ear, his hands on my hips and his chest brushing my back, "and ride it like you'll be riding-"

I elbowed him in his stomach and he grunted. He removed his hands and slapped my bottom. Flushing, I shot him a glare and threw me leg over the bike. Harry took my bag from me and crossed his arms.

"I feel, like, eight years old." I laughed and put my head in my hands to hide my face.

"That when people usually learn to ride a bike-" He shot back.

"Shut up!" I yelled at him and he threw his head back, laughing.

Harry and I continued to bicker back and forth for a few more minutes and then I began to try out the bike. I hated it. I lost my balance the first few times and almost hit the concrete. Once, I actually remained straight up, but couldn't stop wobbling until I almost fell once again. Harry stood on the sidelines watching me, laughing. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him, earning another deep, husky laugh from him. When he pulled pull out his phone and started taking pictures I all but threw the bike down and started toward him.