Chapter 43

Reckless behavior, a place that is so pure, so dirty and raw.

-Zayn Malik, Pillow Talk

-

-

-

-

Carmen's Pov.

We arrived at my apartment and were sitting on the couch. Before I even had the chance to sit down, Harry pulled me to his chest. My legs were over his legs and I laid my head on his chest. I listened to his calm heart beat and Harry squeezed me a bit closer. His hand ran up and down my back and his other hand rested on my knee.

"Thanks for coming when I called you." Harry voice was muffled in my hair. His breath was warm against my head and I sunk deeper into his hold.

"You don't need to thank me." I told him and played with his fingers when a question poked at my brain. "Did you doubt that I would come?"

Harry was quiet for a moment and then I felt his lips press against my head.

"I knew you would," He told me. "Even if I told you not to come."

I smiled against his chest and nodded my head. He was right. Even if he told me not to come, I wouldn't have listened. I care to much for this man to leave him alone when he needs help. Just thinking about how much I cared for this misunderstood guy sent my heart into a beating frenzy.

I wanted to tell him. I wanted him to know how much he meant to me. I want to tell him that...that I think I'm in love with him. Thinking about finally telling him how I felt about him sent my heart soaring, then crashing painfully back down in my chest.

Would Harry feel the same? Why would he? Harry has had so many other girls. They were probably prettier and more experienced than I'll ever be. Plus, with everything that's going on, he wouldn't want me the way I want him. Even though Harry doesn't like to admit it, he's not as strong as he thinks he is. He has a lot on his own plate and I felt so selfish right now thinking about my own feelings.

Suddenly, being in Harry's arms turned out to be a bit too hot for me. I sat up in his lap and was just about to stand when he gripped my waist. I looked up at him. His eyebrows were furrowed with confusion and his eyes were hazy with all the emotion that he's carrying.

"Where are you going?" Harry's asked, his grip hesitantly loosening.

I stood up and Harry dropped his hands from my body. He balled his bruised hands into fist, as if to keep from grabbing me.

"I'm just going to get water." I told him and stood between his legs. He looked up at me and his eyes were void of emotion. I hated when they get like that. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Harry answered a little too fast and a little too defensive. "Get, uh, get me one too."

Instead of going into the kitchen like I originally planned to do, I stayed between Harry's legs.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I asked and kept talking before he could lie to me again. "I know you just lied to me."

Harry's mouth closed and he clenched his jaw. He looked away from me and leaned back against to couch. I leaned forward and placed my hands on his shoulders. I pushed a strand of Harry's curly hair behind his ear and he looked back at me. His eyes softened and my heart skipped a small bit.