Chapter 35

But the way you hold me makes the old me pass away...

-Alessia Cara, I'm Yours

-

-

-

-

Carmen's Pov.

I woke up in Harry's bed. He's no longer next to me and I strech my arms. I look around until I spot my phone sitting on Harry's nightstand. I grabbed it and check the time. 8:43pm. I rubbed the back of my neck as I looked at my new text message.

Terence: meet me tomorrow at 5:30pm. I have to catch my plane at 6:30pm.

I frown at the text message, sad my brother's leaving. I sent him a quick message and put my phone back on the nightstand. I brought Harry's blanket to my chest and leaned back when my phone rang. I silently groan and reached for it. It's Harry.

Worry tugged at my chest and I answered quickly. My hands had begun to shake slightly and I willed myself to keep calm.

"Harry? Where are you? Are you okay-"

"Calm down, princess, and look out the window." Harry voice rang along the line and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

I slowly stood from the bed and made my way to the window. I slowly looked out to see Harry waving up at me. He was wearing a black jacket with his phone up to his ear.

"Harry, why are you outside?" I asked him, a smile tugging at my lips.

"Just get that ass out here, Sleeping Beauty." Harry smiled and I hung up my phone. I quickly slipped on my shoes and hurried down stair in record time. I went out the back door and a gust of cool wind blew through my hair. I wrapped my arms around my body and walked further outside.

"Harry." I called out and he came into view.

"About time." He said with a cocky smirk on his perfect face.

"Why are we outside?" I asked him, looking toward the trees that covered his yard. "You're not going to kill me, are you?"

"I'm dumb, not stupid." Harry simple put with a smirk, taking off his jacket and handing it to me. "Let's take a walk."

I raised my eyebrows at him and slipped on his jacket; it was warm, soft, and smelled like him. Harry took my hand in his and walked us toward the trees. The breeze was cold and Harry wrapped his arm around me, pulling me to his chest. His hand went up and down the length of my arms, sending shivers along my body.

"Harry, why are we walking out here at night?" I asked looking up at him.

We walked further into the trees and Harry sighed.

"When I was young and lived in London, I walked through the woods." Harry and I stepped over a fallen branch and continued walking. "It was...nice, I guess. Not being around any other people and not having to look over my shoulder every five seconds. I was actually give time to relax and think."

I listened to him eagerly, almost smiling when I realized that Harry was actually talking to me. He wasn't pushing me away and being mean, but actually speaking to me.

"I didn't have a lot of friends back in London..." Harry trailed off.

"Expect for Liam." I said and Harry made a face. His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes narrowed, pursing his lips.