Chapter 54

The way you love, it changes who I am, I am undone and I thank God once again.

-Ruelle, I Get To Love You

-

-

-

-

Carmen's Pov.

"Don't you dare get me that, oh my goodness." I laughed into my my hand. It was Wednesday evening and I was at Harry's house. My legs were stretched out on his lap and a movie was playing, but it's not like we're watching it.

"I'm so getting you it for your birthday." Harry said as he took a sip from my bottle of water. "I mean, what kind of grown woman doesn't know how to ride a bike?"

"Me obviously." I said talking my water from his hands. "When I was little for some reason I was absolutely terrified to bikes, so I never learned how to ride one."

Harry let out a laugh and I rolled my eyes, trying to hide the smile on my face. I capped the water in my hands a dropped it to the floor.

"What a depressing childhood you had." Harry rested his hand on my thigh. "Next thing you know you're going to tell me you don't know how to swim."

I pressed my lips together to keep from laughing. Harry's eyes met mine and I gave him a knowing look. He raised his eyebrows and leaned forward.

"Are you kidding me?" Harry asked and I bit my lip. "You're joking right?"

"Nope." I said, popping the 'p' and Harry groaned. He leaned against the back of the couch and rubbed his hands over his face.

"What kind of person...that was born in Florida, one of the hottest fucking states in the USA, doesn't know how to swim?" Harry asked looking at me.

"All I really know is how to doggy paddle." I shrugged my shoulders and he groaned again. He leaned forward and dropped his head against my stomach. I made an 'oof' sound and ran my fingers through his soft hair.

"Stop being dramatic." I exclaimed and he groaned against my stomach, making me laugh at the tickling sensation. "A lot of people don't know how to ride a bike and/or swim."

"I cannot believe this." Harry sounded devastated. "I think our relationship might be at risk."

"Ouch," I said and tugged at his hair, "that hurts my heart. And here I thought you loved me."

"Oh, I do, baby. I love you more than anything, but damn, this is just tragic." Harry chuckled against my stomach.

"Whatever." I said as Harry slowly ran his hand up and down the side of my thigh. I almost let out a sigh, but held it in. I didn't want to let Harry know just how much I missed his touch. Once this guy gets a big head, there is no deflating it.

"I'm going to teach you," Harry said, his voice slightly deeper.

"Oh, no need." I told him, tugging at his hair a little bit.

"What'd you even do in your childhood if you could barely swim or ride a bike?" Harry asked and I stared up at the ceiling.