➸ CHAPTER FIVE

NOW PLAYING ...
Leaving Tonight • The Neighbourhood

! AUTHORS NOTE ! (optional read)
ik y'all sick of my long notes but i was scrolling through my notifs and saw that someone saved this story to a reading list... soooo i started snooping because i'm curious about my readers of course... THEY GOT LISTS CALLED "Amazing" THEN "Good" , "Eh" AND "Bad". i got saved to Bad but THATS NOT THE POINT i'm just saying y'all know authors can see everything you say and do riiightt? like we get notified and even if you have 500 notifications we'll look through all of theeemm... soooo maybeeee think before you comment or save to a listttt... OR DON'T! entirely your choice... but i'm DEFINITELY gonna work harder on these chapters so i can move up to "Good" LMAO

꧁♚————————{♛}————————♚꧂

"Look, somebody's missing." You picked apart a man's voice a few feet away from you aside from the others mumbling their own comments on the situation. The digital board with everyone's profiles had a singular greyed out square; Genki Kiriu titled it. That must've been the angry man from before. You stayed hidden by a pillar behind Chishiya and Ippei, you already had a headache and the bright lights along with the whispers from your peers were just making it worse.

The two boys noticed your odd behavior ever since the "collision", but Ippei was the one who decided to approach you. "Hey, we made it another round," You lifted your head up to see him try his best to shine his best smile at you, "Th—That's got to mean something, right? We can trust each other."

You offered him a smile, but know that you should at least respond to him for trying to make you feel better, but your breath was cut off by Chishiya. "Don't get your hopes up." You shot Chishiya a glare in the dark, his cold, pessimistic attitude is not making anything better. Though, you knew he didn't care about that, as he turned away from you to look over at the people in the distance. "Hey," A girl's voice a few meters away also caught your attention. "That guy must be the Jack. He lied to that big bully and killed him. I think we'd better kill him next turn."

It was the girl in the blue dress, a creepy smile plastered on her face, as if she was just some doll in a dream house role-play.  Ippei shivered, "What?" Your eyes diverted back to Chishiya to see his reaction, and his expression was indifferent. You scoffed, you hated to admit that you weren't surprised that Chishiya saw this coming. He sees everything coming, yet instead of using his knowledge to stop things from happening, he just watches on the sidelines.

You were disgusted by the woman leading your group and her minions following her lead with no questions asked, so you stood up and walked out of the room. Chishiya eyed you the whole way down the stairs and into the cafeteria, Ippei looking at him nervously. "Should we go follow her?"

"No," Chishiya let out a lengthy breath, "Y/N likes to be alone to think a lot."

Ippei's interest was piqued at the man's response, taking a small step towards him. "Oh, you two know each other? Well, before this game?"

"Mmh," Chishiya bites his tongue for letting it slip out without thinking, "I've seen her around."

"Well," Ippei swung back and forth on the heels of his feet. "Seen her enough to trust each other."

Chishiya shot the boy a cold glare that made him freeze in place. "I don't trust anyone, that's suicide in a world like this."