Chapter 34

"Jack?" I ask as I walk into the gym.

He doesn't hear me. Instead, he continues aggressively dribbling the ball. I slowly walk closer to him.

Once I'm about a couple feet away from him, he sees me. He freezes and stares at me. Then, he takes his airpods out and wipes his sweaty face with a towel.

"Lily?" Jack finally says, "What are you doing here?"

"Talking to you, dumbass," I reply.

He walks closer to me and runs a hand through his hair. "I- I'm sorry."

"For what?" I calmly ask.

"For....fuck. For not meeting up with you and other things."

He walks even closer and I can smell him. His chest moves up and down with his ragged breathing. He was also shirtless and his chest looked so yummy.

I wanna lick it. #lickthechest

Snapping out of my thoughts, I say, "I'm sorry too. For avoiding you."

He gives me a weak smile. "This week has been hell without you."

My heart clenches. "Do you really mean that?" I can't help but ask.

Jack takes another step forward so that we are basically touching. He cups my cheek with his hand. "Lily, you mean so much to me. You're like my oxygen, I can't breathe or live without you. You're the light to my darkness. You're my happiness. And without you, I don't know how I cope."

He finishes his speech that literally leaves me speechless. My knees are getting wobbly and I am having a hard time breathing. His words sink into me like a vampire biting a human.

"But that's not all," He whispers, "I love you. Not just because you're unbelievably beautiful, but because of who you are. Your laugh is my favorite sound in the world. You are my favorite person in the world."

He slowly runs his hands down my bare arms and I shudder a little from his touch. "See?" He smiles, "I know what I can do to you. I know you get nervous around me."

He wraps his arms around my waist and hugs me to him. "The only thing I want in this world is for you to feel the same way I feel about you."

"I do," I say, "I love you."

Jack buries his face into my hair. "I know. I love you too."

I relax for this first time this week into the strong arms of Jack.

I pull back a little bit and stare at Jack's perfect lips.

He notices and smirks. "Can I kiss you, blondie?"

"Hell yeah, you can," I say, and soon enough, Jack's lips are on mine.
......................................................................

A/N

Okay enough with the sappy shit, the next chaper will be funny I promise.