Chapter 44

We're all out of breath when we finally stop running about a mile or two away from the police station.

I lean onto Jack's strong body, trying to catch my breath. He wraps his arms around me, barely looking affected.

Well, I guess he is athletic, and I'm a couch potato.

"Well..." Mylee questions, "Now what?"

Oliva looks over at us. "That was kinda a bad idea. Like, now they're just gonna come looking for y'all."

I groan and lean further into Jack.

"I broke them out of jail once," Marshall announces, puffing out his chest and looking proud. "The cops didn't do shit afterwards. "

"Huh," Jack muses, "Now that I think about it, they actually didn't do anything."

"See?" Marshall shrugs, "We'll be alright." He takes out a bag of dorritos from his pocket and starts eating them. When he notices everyone looking at him, he munches on a chip and says, "What? I got these from the tattoo guy." He continues to shove a fistfull of chips into his mouth.

We all stare at him. Then, Mylee breaks the silence. "Bro, pass me some."

Marshall laughs and hands her the rest of the bag.

"Hey! There are only crumbs left!" Mylee insepcts the bag. Then, she shrugs and dips the bag into her mouth.

The sound of sirens full the air.

"Shit," Me and Jack mumble at the same time.

The police car comes into view, and it drives right towards us. It gets close and closer until....it just drives right past us.

All of turn our heads to where the police car is now speeding down the road, away from us.

"Well," Olivia says cheerfully, "I guess they really don't care about you guys."

"That doesn't make sense," I say.

"Yeah, something is suspicious. Why do they always let us get away with breaking out?"

We all shrug.

"That's weird." Mylee says. "Anyways, I'm going home."

"Me too," Olivia says.

"Me three," Marshall says.

Then they all walk away, leaving me and Jack alone.

I turn to look at Jack and he looks right back at me. And the next thing I know, we are full on making out on the side of the highway.
......................................................................

A/N

I got a bf over the weekend, and it's not Jack, so it feels weird writing this fanfic 😭😭

Also, I've been busy snapping a certain someone, that why it took my forever to write this small chapter lmao.