Chapter 65

Jack's brown eyes meet mine. I notice the specks of green in his eyes and the hesitation behind them.

I wonder what he is thinking right now. I wonder if he hates me for kissing Sam. I wonder if he is annoyed that I followed him into the school. I wonder a lot of things.

He turns his head away from my gaze. "We should probably get going."

I hate this. I miss the old Jack.

He starts walking out of the school, and I follow him. He doesn't look back to see if I do, though.

The sky above is a dark gray, and suddenly, I feel a drop of water fall on me. It starts raining, making my clothes wet. The weather reminds me of Jack's mood. He is the rain. And I am the clouds, the reason why it rains. I am the reason why Jack's mood is glum. But Jack usually isn't the rain. He is the sunshine.

"Jack," I whisper.

I notice him stop walking. He doesn't turn around, but I see the tension in his shoulders.

"I'm sorry. You are angry and I know it's because of me. Usually you are the sunshine. But today you are the rain. This seems stupid but I want you to know I love the sunshine. I love the sunshine because it makes me happy. I have been in love with the sunshine for about two years now. And just over a month ago the sunshine shined on me. I loved every single second of that sunshine."

Jack turns around very slowly and I can see the rain dripping down his beautiful face. His usual golden blonde hair was now darker, dripping with water. His brown eyes appear green in the light. His perfect lips are still set into a frown so I continue speaking.

"I don't want my sunshine to ever go away. Never. I don't think I could ever live without my sunshine. I need my sunshine to live. Without it, I would become sick. I would suffer and never live happy again."

The rain becomes heavy now, pouring. But I don't care. I could care less about the rain right now.

"I love my sunshine. I even love it when my sunshine burns me. My sunshine is hot, incredibly hot. My sunshine is too good for me. I am baffled everyday when my sunshine is still there. I want my sunshine to love me. And I still hope my sunshine continues to shine."

Jack takes a step towards me. Then he takes another step. He continues until he is standing right in front of me. He tilts his head down so that he can meet my eye level.

I swallow hard and focus on him. Only him. "Jack, the sunshine is you."

He laughs a little. "I figured it was, blondie."

Then his lips are on mine and time freezes. His lips move furiously with mine like he has been waiting to do this for a long time. I cling to him because he is the only thing that matters. The rain continues to pour but we don't care. We continue to kiss.

"This is purely disgusting."

Me and Jack pull away and I look behind me to see Sam standing there.

Sammypoo looks mad.

Thunder booms in the air and I notice lightning strike in the distance.

"You're a fucking bitch," He points at me.

I shrug. "Never said I wasn't."

"You are the most bitchey girl I have ever met."

"Keep talking to her like that and I will snap your neck," Jack threatens.

Sam looks at Jack. "Oh, don't even get me started on you. You're the biggest dickhead in existence of this world-"

Lightening strucks him suddenly.

Sam falls to the ground, dead.

I gasp and so does Jack. "That did not just happen."

"I think it did," Jack says.

"Well, I guess he can join Quinton in his grave."

Jack laughs, and despite this insanity, so do I.
......................................................................

A/N

This chapter is so random 😭😭