Tumblr Valentines Event #1

Requested as part of my Tumblr Valentines Event

Prompts: "You're safe now, I've got you." and "It's you, it's always been you."

Pairing: Damon Salvatore x fem!reader

"Do you know what?! I don't know how you can find time to drink yourself into oblivion every night but never have time to see me! It's getting absolutely pathetic!" Tears were falling down your cheeks as you continued the blazing row you were having with Damon.

He turned around with both fury and frustration evident on his face, two expressions that he hardly ever shown you. "I'd rather be there at the bar than spend time with you! You're always nagging me about the smallest thing, so why would I want to come and see you! Sometimes, I don't know why we're even together! I should just go and find another girl, someone who actually understands me!"

He regretted the words as soon as they came out of his mouth but before he tried to apologise, you grabbed your coat and ran out of the door with tears now streaming down your face.

Rain pounded against the hood of your coat as you walked through the park, Damon's words swirling around in your head. You were so lost in your own thoughts that you didn't notice a darkened figure making their way towards you. They grabbed you, turned you around and bit into your neck before throwing you on the floor, blood quickly oozing out.

"Tell Damon, he better watch his back. There's more of us out here, just waiting for the perfect chance to strike." He chuckled before whizzing away, leaving you to bleed out on the grass. New thoughts clouded your mind as you thought about the argument with Damon and began to cry again. That was going to be the last conversation you ever had with him, you didn't get to tell him you love him one last time.

Darkness began to cloud your vision as you heard faint shouts coming from the other side of the park. You tried your best to get up and go towards the voice but you had lost too much blood. "Help!" You intended to shout but it came out as a tiny whisper. As the voice got closer, hope struck you as you realised it was Damon.

"Damon, over here!" You were so lucky that he had super hearing because if he didn't, he wouldn't have heard the strangled shout. He rushed over to you, gently pulling your back against his chest. His eyes widened a little when he seen the bite on your neck. "Hey, you're safe now, I've got you." Tears began to fall as he realised that this was all his fault.

"Damon, I-I wanna say..." He shook his head, not wanting to hear it. "No, Y/N. This isn't goodbye." He bit into his wrist and placed it against your mouth. "Drink, please, before it's too late." Usually you were completely against the idea of drinking vampire blood but in this instance, it was the only thing that would save you.

The warm liquid slipped down your throat and you leaned back against Damon's chest, feeling the affects already working. "I'm so sorry about what I said, Y/N. It's you, it's always been you and it's always going to be you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am not going to let anything like this happen again. I'm going to stop drinking and prioritise you over everything. I love you so much."

He leaned down and placed a passionate and heartfelt kiss to your lips. You kissed him back, putting all of your emotions into it. You broke away and sat up, turning around to face him. "D, the one who attacked me, he told me to tell you to watch your back. That there's more of them out there just waiting for the right time. What's going to happen now?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing is going to happen and I am going to make sure of it. Now, I'm going to get you home so you can take a shower and rest. I will come and see you first thing tomorrow." He stood up and lifted you in his arms before whizzing you back to your house.

____________

Damon walked through his front door completely dripping wet. Stefan walked into the hallway as soon as he heard the door close. "Where have you been?" Damon looks at Stefan with a love swept look on his face. "I've been with Y/N, I've been home." He took a deep breath, trying to keep back the tears that were threatening to fall again. "I thought I lost her for good, Stef. I completely screwed up and said some horrible things to her and she stormed out into the rain. When I went to look for her, I found her nearly dead in the park from a vampire bite."

Stefan furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms over his chest. "Who did it?!" Damon shook his head. "I don't know, but that's not what I'm focused on right now. All my attention is going to be on Y/N." He walked past Stefan and began to walk up the stairs before turning around. "You know, one day I'm going to marry her and make her mine because I know that she is the one, and she always has been."