Chapter 6 - The Arena

Britt's POV:

As my mums car drives off, I look at Tomas and he seems to thinking and I snap him out of his thoughts by asking 'what's up Tomas?'. He looks at me and says 'I'm just thinking about where we can get food'. I smile and say 'I ate pasta in the car, so its just you getting something to eat'. Tomas then smiles and says 'so, where are all the food places?'. I sigh and point to the main building and Tomas follows my hand and looks at the same building and says 'oh, I knew that'.

As me and Tomas enter the big building, he looks around and he is in shock. I smile and ask 'so, where would you like to go?'. Tomas then awkwardly smiles and says 'erm... bathroom first if that's ok?'. I smile and say 'there's one there', I point to the bathroom. As we approach the bathroom, there is a notice on the door which says that the bathroom is currently locked and unusable. Tomas then sighs and he follows me up the stairs.

As we get to the top of the stairs, we see 2 places that are open. They are Wetherspoons and Subway. 'Where would you like to eat?'.

Tomas' POV:

As I'm looking between Wetherspoons and Subway, I think to myself. I have never eaten at Wetherspoons and I have only had a Subway like twice. I think again and before I know it, I find myself walking over to Subway with Britt following me. 'What are you going to get?' Britt asks. I sigh and say 'I'm not sure, I'll have a look when I get there'.

As we arrive, it is nice and empty. Which is lucky. I go to the beginning of the area and a lady approaches me, she smiles and says 'hello, what would you like today?'. I smile nervously and say 'I rarely have a Subway, so I'm quite new to this sorry'. She slightly laughs and then smiles, 'that's fine' she says. She first asks me what bread I would like and I awkwardly respond with 'the normal bread please', luckily she knew which one I was on about. I then chose for it to be half the bread. I chose chicken breasts and cheese with it toasted, then tomatoes and cucumber on top. I was then asked if I wanted a drink and a cookie for free. At first I wasn't sure, but then Britt persuaded me too.

As we sat down at a table, I started to notice more people walking towards Subway and I smiled and said to Britt 'we got here in time, look how many people want a Subway now'. Britt looks back and she also notices about 7 girls and 2 boys. Britt looks back at me and says 'eat up then'. I start to eat the sandwich first and then the cookie.

As I finish, I ask Britt 'can we find a bathroom now?'. Britt smiles and says 'we can ask for directions to the Genting arena too'. I smile and follow Britt down the stairs again.

Britt's POV:

As me and Tomas reach the bottom of the stairs, we look around and see it is still quite empty downstairs. I sigh and ask 'where shall we ask?'. Tomas looks around and notices a woman behind the Starbucks desk and Tomas says 'we could ask her, she looks friendly and helpful'. I smile and say 'good idea'.

As we walk up to the lady, I ask 'hi, sorry to bother you, but do you know the way in for the Genting arena?'. She smiles and says 'that's fine, you just walk down this path and follow it all the way around and there will be a Lakeside entrance, but if your entering in the main area, then it'll be a bit further down'. I smile and then Tomas asks 'also, the boys toilets are out, so do you know where I can use the bathroom please?'. I roll my eyes and the woman says 'you can use the disabled bathrooms down the bottom if the boys toilets are out'. Tomas then smiles and says 'thank you'.

As I follow Tomas to the bathroom, I offer to hold his drink and he smiles and says 'thank you'. I then stand around and wait for him to finish. It's been about a minute now, I look at my phone and it reads 6:07pm. Tomas then comes out the bathroom and I ask politely 'wait for me'. Tomas then smiles and says 'ok'. As I get ready in the bathroom and do my business, I come out and see Tomas attempting to zip his coat up with 1 hand and I roll my eyes. I hold my hand out and he smiles and places his drink in my hand. He zips his coat up and then says 'thank you' again.

As we exit the building, my phone buzzes and I pull out my phone and see its a DM from Drew saying:

'Hi Britt, sorry I haven't messaged you much, I've been busy with getting ready, but everyone says hi and we were wondering if you'd be in sound check?'

I smile and Tomas looks at me confused and I just say 'Drew' and he smiles but knows what I'm talking about. I reply saying:

'I'm not in sound check sadly, but I'll be seeing you all later'.

Tomas then asks 'what you guys talking about?'. I smile and say 'a little nosey aren't you?'. Tomas then laughs and says 'sorry'.

As we get closer to the building, I notice a line of people, it wasn't too long and it wasn't too short, but we were closer to the front. My phone then buzzes again and this time its from Levi, it says:

'Hey Britt, I can't wait to see you later on today. I hope you'll enjoy yourself tonight as well'.

I smile and reply back saying:

'I'll obviously enjoy myself as you guys are amazing'.

Tomas then rolls his eyes again, my phone then buzzes again and I notice that it isn't a DM, but its a tweet from Levi. I open it and it says...