Chapter 40 - The Drama Picks Up Again

Britt's POV:

As me, Levi and Joe take our seats in the waiting room, I turn to Levi and whisper 'can we not talk about food for a bit please?'. Levi smiles slightly and says 'as long as you promise to eat something'. I roll my eyes and face forward. 'Please Britt' Levi asks. 'I'm not promising anything sorry'. Levi sighs and says 'fine'. 'Come on guys, please just get on for a bit and then we'll sort this out back at the hotel room' Joe whispers. Levi nods and I smile.

It goes awkwardly quiet besides the mutters coming from people in the waiting room, I don't think neither me, Levi or Joe know what to say. I sigh and ask 'so, what are you guys doing tomorrow?'. Levi shrugs his shoulders and looks at Joe, 'Well we are just going to the studio and recording stuff'. I nod and Levi asks 'really?'. Joe smiles and asks 'you happy?'. Levi nods and smiles. I sigh and say 'are me and Tomas heading back home then?'. Joe nods and says 'unless you want to stay at the hotel on your own?'. I smile and say 'I don't mind, I'll see what Tomas wants to do'.

As we sit there is silence, a nurse comes out and calls 'Levi Jones?'. Levi stands up and asks 'are you 2 coming with me?'. Joe nods and I smile. We all follow the nurse to a little cubicle room where she pulls the curtain across. 'So, what happened then?' the nurse asks. 'Well, I was accidentally punched in the eyebrow by a fangirl. It didn't stop bleeding until just outside the hospital and Joe recommended that we checked it out'. The nurse smiles and says 'ok, well before we start, my name is Nurse Melissa and I will be your nurse today'. Levi nods and then the nurse says 'I think so far it looks like it just needs stitches'. Joe sighs and says 'I hope not too many'. The nurse laughs and says 'not too many, don't worry'. Joe smiles and says 'we had another member of The Tide brought in here a few days ago, his name was Austin'. The nurse smiles and says 'oh, I don't think I was here when he came in'. Joe smiles and says 'yeah, that's why I'm hoping nothing too drastic is happening with Levi'. The nurse smiles and nods.

As she examines Levi's eyebrow and eye to make sure that nothing else has been damaged, I feel Levi hold my hand and I smile. 'You ok?' I ask Levi. 'Yep, I just wanted to hold your hand if that was ok?' Levi smiles. I nod and smile. 'Britt?' he asks. I smile and say 'I forgot you cant see me, yes that's fine haha'. Levi laughs a little and the nurse says 'I don't mean this in a nasty way but please sit still'. Levi smiles and says 'sorry'.

The nurse looks at me and Joe and says 'you're lucky, there is no damage to anything apart from his skin which is bruised and left a scratch which will need stitching'. Joe nods and says 'thank you'. The nurse smiles and says 'let me just get the doctor to do this now'. Joe nods and Nurse Melissa leaves the room. 'You silly billy' I say to Levi. Levi smiles and says 'thanks, you non silly billy'. I roll my eyes and Joe says 'you 2 are really confusing, one minute your annoyed with each other and the next your both in love with each other'. I laugh and so does Levi.

Joe then says 'after you have finished being stitched up, we need to stop off at a snack place as I'm hungry'. Levi smiles and says 'me too, Britt can get a snack too if she'd like'. I roll my eyes and say 'I might'. Levi looks at me and mouths 'please'. I roll my eyes and look at Joe 'it depends if I'm hungry or not'. Levi visibly sighs and I turn around and say 'I'll eat when I want to'. Levi looks at me a little taken back and he says 'sorry'. I roll my eyes and say 'I need some fresh air, I'll be back'. Joe nods and I head out the room, before I hear the door close I hear Levi's voice ask 'Britt?'.

Levi's POV:

I place my head back on the pillow. 'Can someone tell me what's happening between you 2?'. I look up and say 'Joe, not now please'. Joe crosses his arms and says 'and I was told to take a chill pill'. I roll my eyes and say 'I'm not joking'. Joe crosses his arms and says 'you said my name in the word Joking, Joe.... King.......'. 'Joe!' I shout and it echoes around the room, I start to feel my eyes water and Joe looks at me sympathetically. 'Sorry, I was just trying to cheer you up' Joe says. I look at the ceiling and ask 'can I have some time alone please?'. Joe nods and leaves the room.