Chapter 11 - Choices & Decisions

Britt's POV:

As I look at my phone, I see a text from Drew. I open the text and it says 'Hey Britt, its Drew incase you didn't know haha. Anyway, I wanted to know if you wanted to meet up with us when we are all free? If your friend wants he can come too'. I look at Tomas, if he was in my shoes, would he invite me? I think about the answer. One side is saying invite him, but the other half is saying no.

Yes because he's one of my best friends, no because he gets socially awkward, like when he brought my phone to me, and he may embarrass me. I think I might just make this meet up just with me and The Tide, then after if I see them again, I might invite Tomas.

As Tomas is playing on his phone, I send a message back saying 'Hi, that sounds like a great idea, I'll see if Tom can come. When would you be free?'. I look at Tomas and he looks up at me and says 'where are we meeting your dad?'. Good point. I get my phone out again and call my dad. As it rings, my dad picks it up and I ask 'where are you?'. As my dad describes that he's by the zebra crossings, I tell Tomas and I follow him back to the zebra crossings.

When we get to my dad, I feel tired as it is 11:34pm. I look at Tomas and he is wide awake, seriously? 'How are you not sleepy?' I ask Tomas. He smiles and says 'I listen to music until like 12:00 at night on my iPad'. I roll my eyes and follow them as we make our way to the car.

As we get to the car, my throat starts to hurt and I look at Tomas and he seems to read my mind as he asks 'does your throat hurt 'cause mine does?'. I nod my head and my step-mum shows us 2 bottles of flavoured water. 'I have strawberry and lemon flavoured water, which one would you like?'. Tomas looks at me signalling for me to choose first. I choose lemon and Tomas has the strawberry.

As I take sips from my water, I get a text from Drew asking 'did you enjoy tonight?'. I yawn and reply 'it was amazing meeting you guys'. I look across at Tomas and he is looking out the window. That's when I think again, shall I invite Tomas along. I mean, he said that if he got the chance to meet them he'd make sure I was there too. I don't want him to feel offended if I don't invite him.

Tomas then asks me 'are you ok?'. I silently nod and say 'I might rest my eyes'. Tomas then smiles and nods 'ok, thank you for inviting me and if you fall asleep, I'll see you soon'. I smile and nod. I look at my phone and send a message to Drew saying 'I'm going to sleep now, I'll speak to you soon'. I hit the send button and put my phone in my pocket.

As I close my eyes, I start to dream about a certain someone, but they seem to be in the distance. No offence to Nate and Austin, but they seem to be taller than them. So that can only mean one thing. Its either Levi or Drew.

Tomas' POV:

I'm looking out the window and I can't help but think of what an idiot I was stuttering in front of The Tide. I regret stuttering. I just wish I was more confident to just say hi and hand Britt her phone. I feel bad, I bet I embarrassed Britt too.

As I look out the window, I see that there are roadwork's ahead and I roll my eyes. Great, now I have longer to be stuck with my imagination and thinking to myself. Sometimes I like thinking to myself, but sometimes I don't.

I look over at Britt and I see she has fallen asleep, I wish I could too but I don't want to snore in front of Britt's dad and step-mum. I look out the window and smile as I see the stars out. I then see a shooting star and remember that you can make wishes.

I close my eyes and wish that I could meet The Tide properly one day. I open my eyes and sigh, wishes don't come true so I don't see the point really.

As I look over to Britt, I see her phone slip out of her pocket and the screen comes on. I look away as I don't want to be nosey, but I swear I saw something. It looked like a text and the name began with a D. It couldn't be Drew could it?

I shake the thought from my head and stop thinking about it. 'I cant be nosey' I say to myself. 'whats that sorry?' Britt's dad asks me. I awkwardly look at the floor and say 'sorry, I was singing to myself'. Britt's dad smiles and says 'must've been an amazing concert then?'. I nod and say 'it was'.

As I look at out of the window, I see Britt in the reflection and see that she is sleeping peacefully. I wish I could sleep right now and just relax.

Britt's POV:

As I approach the tall figure in my sleep, I see that their face becomes more clearer and it is...