Chapter 18 - The Picture

Britt's POV:

As me and Lucas are awkwardly staring at each other, his smile fades a little and I look at him confused. He then leans in and kisses me then leans back. He then looks shocked and says 'I'm sorry'. I then say 'listen, your a nice guy, but I don't fancy you sorry'. He smiles and says 'that's fine, as long as your not mad at me'. He smiles and then waves goodbye and walks off.

As I climb into the car, my mum says 'I have 2 things to say'. I look at her silently and she says ''1 what just happened? and 2 why did you take so long?'. I sigh and say 'well, first he kissed me and I didn't kiss him back. Then I said sorry, but I don't fancy you. And I took soo long because he kept asking me thing and then we went into an awkward silence'.

My mum sighs and says 'do you still want to come to the shop?'. I smile and say 'yes please, I need a breathe of fresh air after what just happened'.

Levi's POV:

As I am playing Slap Pong with The Vamps and the rest of The Tide, I decide to look through Twitter and see if anything new has come up. At first I see nothing, then I see that Nate has tweeted and it is a picture of Brad and Austin going against each other at Slap Pong. Just then I hear a painful sounding slap noise and I look up and see Brad holding his stomach and Austin laughing a little.

I chuckle as Austin apologises as well as he can without laughing. I look back at my phone and as I scroll through Twitter I see that Lucas has retweeted something. I load it up and my smile drops. Its a picture of Brittany kissing Lucas, I knew they were dating. I sigh and Drew looks over to me, he smiles and his smile drops a little when he sees that something is wrong.

He walks over to me and whispers 'what's wrong?'. I sigh and load up the photo before saying 'Britt and Lucas are dating'. Drew puts an arm around me and says 'you can still be friends with her remember, just because Britt is dating someone doesn't mean that you can't be yourself with them'. I smile and say 'thanks'.

Drew then hugs me and says 'cheer up, your meeting her at Starbucks tomorrow remember'. I smile and say 'I know'.

Tomas' POV:

I yawn as I see my Twitter go off. I check my phone and see that Levi has retweeted something and its a picture. I unlock my phone and I freeze. I load up messages quickly and type to Britt 'Britt, who are you kissing? hehe'. I send the message and wait for the reply.

As I'm waiting, I decide to send each member of The Tide a message on Twitter saying 'Good morning!'. I put my phone down and decide to play on my laptop again. I decide to play on Sims 4 and listen to The Tide's cover of Stitches which is originally made by Shawn Mendes. I start to hum along until my phone buzzes and its a reply from Britt. She replied 'what do you mean?'. I decide to send her the picture and she instantly sends me a shocked emoji.

Britt's POV:

Who put that photo on Twitter? I decide to look on Twitter and see that someone called EmmaLovesNate uploaded it. I check to see who else retweeted it and I see Lucas and Levi's name appear. Oh no, Levi has seen it. My mum then taps my shoulder and makes me jump, we are currently in the frozen foods isle. Its freezing.

'What's up Britt?' my mum asks. 'Theres a photo of me and Lucas kissing all over Twitter and Levi has seen it and retweeted it'. My mum smiles and says 'are you secretly dating this Lucas boy?'. I shake my head and say 'I'm not mum, I love Levi'. My mum smiles and says 'I know, I was only joking'. This photo is stressing me out a little, I don't want people to think I'm dating Lucas, especially not Levi.

I have nothing against Lucas, he is a good looking boy but we have only bumped into each other 2 times and that was only for about 1 minute each time. I fancy Levi and Drew has told me that Levi fancies me too. Then I remember the phone call me and Drew had earlier. Drew announced that he fancied me and all I did was ask about Levi, maybe I should talk to Drew and let him know that I'm still his friend no matter what.

As we head to the checkouts, my mum smiles and says 'so, are you going to announce your love for Levi tomorrow?'. I think about it, probably not publicly but maybe I will when we are on our own 'probably not with everyone around'. My mum smiles and says 'well, I think you 2 would make a lovely couple' I smile at my mum.

Nate's POV:

Levi has gone for a lie down again, Levi can be lazy sometimes. But he has been lazy a lot recently. Plus Drew is always with him. I think something might be going on. 'Austin?' I ask 'do you think Levi is just really lazy or do you think somethings wrong?'. He stops playing Slap Pong and looks at me 'I'm not sure, we need to have a group chat with him I think'. Austin then looks at the floor and says 'oh no, I lost'. He then holds his shirt up and I watch as Tristan gets him with the ping pong ball and I laugh.

Levi's POV:

As I rest my head on my pillow, someone comes in and they say 'SMILE!'. I smile and say 'Hi Drew'. He sits next to my legs on the bed and says 'stop panicking, Brittany will not want you to panic about being yourself, if Britt's boyfriend starts to play up, then its not your fault as you are just hanging out as friends'. I smile and he smiles back. I look back at him and say 'thanks Drew'. He then says 'sit up and smile, why don't you message Britt again and just talk to her'. I stop, maybe I should, but I don't want to come between Britt and her boyfriend. Drew then sighs and says 'Levi, please smile and just enjoy tomorrow, ok?'. I smile and nod before saying 'ok'.

Drew's POV:

As I stand up and look out the window, there is one thing that is on my mind. Do I tell Levi about me fancying Britt, or shall I keep it to myself?

I decide to tell Levi as he needs to know. 'Levi...' I say whilst turning around. 'I need to tell you something..........