The Party

Fuyuhikos pov

I stared into the mirror as I fixed my tie. If I'm going to a stupid party I at least want to look good!

My bodyguard and close friend peko peaked through the door with a concerned look "are you sure about going to this party young master? I know you don't enjoy the company of others"

"Don't say it like that peko. You make me sound like a miserable fuck!" I grumbled "I have to do it regardless of what I think. I promised kazuichi and I'm not the type to break a promise"

"You've gotten quite close to souda. I am relieved you've managed to make friends" she smiled softly.

"Of course I have. I'm not completely hopeless" I grabbed my hat before heading out the door "I'm going now. Don't follow me"

"Understood young master" she bowed.

"For the last time my name is fuyuhiko!" I groaned before heading out. God that girl. Is she ever going to realise that I don't see her as a tool? Whatever I don't have time to think about that. I have a party to attend.

*Time skip*

"We have arrived young master" my driver Yamada announced.

"I told you I wanted to walk" I groaned. I can't do anything without my men following me around like dogs!

"I apologize young master but your father insisted" Yamada explained.

"Whatever" I sighed before stepping out of the car. Dad's been a lot more protective since natsumi died. It makes sense since I'm now the only one who can take over the clan but goddamn you'd think he'd trust me a little more.

"Fuyu!" Kazuichi jumped into my arms like an excited puppy "wow that's the biggest car I've ever seen" he stared at the family car in awe.

Oh yeah. Kazuichi did tell me he grew up in a poor area. It's funny how different our lives are.

I ruffled his hair "come on kid. Let's get inside already!"

We walked inside and were greeted by ibuki who was yelling into a mic at an adoring crowd below her. Kazuichi was bouncing in excitement. I held my head with a groan. This is going to give me a fucking headache!

I looked over at the table. Sitting there was a bowl of punch. Finally a lifeline!

I walked over, poured myself a drink and downed it.

"What you doing fuyu?" Kazuichis looked over at the bowl and gasped "fruit punch! I've always wanted to drink fruit punch at a party!"

"Kazzy! Slow down would ya!"

Everything else that happened became slightly blurry. It's there that I made the worst mistake a yakusa could make...