trick or treat

Kazuichis pov

I hung some decorations up with a smile. I love Halloween which is quite ironic considering how big a scardy cat I am. One of the reasons for that admittedly is the free candy.

Being dirt poor I rarely got to indulge in nice things like sweets. Most of our money went towards rent and my fathers drinking problem. Halloween was the one time I got to eat as much sweet stuff as I wanted. It was amazing and being able to give that to other kids feels wonderful.

"Mommy I got my costume on" I could hear kazuhiko behind me. I smiled to myself. I wonder what cute outfit he's wearing. I turned around to see..

"Tada" he said proudly in his little blood stained suit and eye patch "I'm a yakusa"

"I can see that" I laughed shakily "but don't you think that's a little too on the nose? Wouldn't you rather be a spooky ghost?"

"Na ah I want to be a yakusa" he said firmly "I even covered my suit in fake blood so it looks like I killed a man in cold blood"

"I see" I smiled nervously. God my kids terrifying!

Fuyuhiko stepped in "Ok I'm going to take the kid trick or treating now. You sure you'll be ok on your own?"

"I'll be fine. Oh and" I leaned in and whispered in his ear "try and make sure hiko doesn't scare the other kids"

"I'll do my best but I'm not exactly a teddy bear myself" he muttered "alright kazuhiko let's get going"

"Ok!" He said brightly as he took his father's hand and skipped out the door. I watched them worriedly. I hope they don't cause any trouble.

*Time skip*

"Mama we're back!" I sat up at the sound of my little boys voice. He came rushing in with a big bag of candy "isn't it amazing. It's going to last me the whole year!"

"Yes but you're not to eat it all in one sitting. You'll get sick" I know that from experience!

"Ok mama" he gave me a hug before running to his room.

Fuyuhiko turned to me with a grin "you wanna watch a horror. You know to get into the holiday spirit"

"Ok but I cling to you the entire time" I warned him.

"Trust me. I'm counting on it" he winked at me before leading me to the sofa...