𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"IT'S JUST — MATT AND ELENA HAVE the history and the chemistry that he and I don't," Caroline explained to Charlie as they walked down the school hallway

"IT'S JUST — MATT AND ELENA HAVE the history and the chemistry that he and I don't," Caroline explained to Charlie as they walked down the school hallway. Whatever Kelly said to her at the raffle must've really gotten to her because all she had been able to talk about that day was her and Matt. "I have no idea what to do."

"Maybe you just need to talk to them — make sure everyone's on the same page, you know?" the Lockwood suggested with a shrug. She actually had no idea what she was talking about. The only experience she had with boys was a couple week-long relationships in middle school.

The blonde nodded at that. "You mean like a double date?"

"No, no, no." Charlie shook her head quickly, shutting down her friend's idea. "I meant, like, one at a time. How did you even get double date from that?"

"No, you were right the first time. A double sate sounds perfect." Caroline smiled excitedly.

The brunette eyed her warily, knowing that what she was saying was probably the opposite of what would help. "I don't know if that's the best idea, Care."

"Oh, and you and JJ could come to," the Forbes girl exclaimed, her eyes widening as she completely ignored the younger girl's warnings. The Lockwood still had come out to most of her friends, but she didn't know how crazy she was about going on a date with two other couples just yet. "Like a triple date. It'll be so much fun."

"Yeah, um, I don't think so."

Not listening to her, Caroline practically jumped when she saw the other happy couple making their way down the hall. "There's Stefan and Elena. Let's go tell them the good news."

"Caroline," Charlie called, but the blonde was already walking toward the pair that had paused at Stefan's locker, and the Lockwood had no choice but to follow her to make sure she didn't do anything crazy.

"Hey, guys," the blonde greeted. "How would you two like to go somewhere with me and Matt tonight? I'm thinking nothing huge — just dinner at the Grill, maybe a late movie."

Stefan raised his eyebrows. "You mean like a double date?"

"Well, Charlie and JJ would come too, so it would technically be a triple date. But yes, three pair on a Friday night coupled." Caroline explained, kind of rambling and making no sense.