THREE

The sound of soft music resounded in the earpiece Kimimela had on as she walked into the elevator leading to her apartment she shared with Ava.

Her dark wavy hair draped over her neck, wearing a sports top and tracksuit over. Kim slowly walked into the elevator, refusing to take off her earpiece.

As the elevator tried to close, a hand quickly pushed the button and a young man walked in with a girl he held close.

"Hi" the lady said, Kim's gaze didn't shift.

The door closed, and with that Kim stared at the button hoping to know when she had reached the fifth floor. As soon the door opened, she stepped out with hesitation.

Approaching her apartment, she lowered the music, pressing in her pin.

The door opened and immediately she walked in, shutting it after her.

"You're back?"Ava asked, holding in her hand a glass of water, while she headed for the kitchen.

Kim takes off her earpiece in order to hear Ava clearly but something else had caught her attention instead, a bouquet of red roses sat on the table.

"What's that?" Kimimela asked, Ava looked at her and darts at the red rose.

"I have no idea... I found it at the entrance a while ago, it had your name so I took it in" Ava replied.

"My name?" She said, a little excited but her mind wondered who she would be receiving such from.

"Yeah, it says, Miss Cortes," Kim stopped, and Ava shrugged.

There's was only person who would address her that way, Miran Mayer.

She gulped, taking off the earpiece and dropping it on the table. Her lips tightened and her heart pounding fast.

She sat on a stool and took out the letter, reading it, the message said.

"Dinner — M." Kim looked at Ava, and squeezed the letter, breathing in and out softly.

"It's Miran right?" Ava asked, Kim avoided eye contact, grabbing her phone and earpiece.

"Dinner? Really?" She said.

"Oh, I love this guy... His confidence" She praised, Kim chuckled.

"I am not going"

"He didn't even give a location" Ava shook her head, saying.

I don't care, Ava... I still wouldn't be attending or seeing him that's final" Kim replied.

"Well, that's up to you, I just think he won't give up who knows he may come to work" Ava said.

"It's Miran I know he would but I won't give him a chance besides I should be going to Africa soon"

"You still insists on going, you know you're doing nothing in Africa you just really going to avoid him"

"Exactly and it's for the best" Kim said rolling her eyes sarcastically.

"So, this Africa, when do you intend on going" Ava asked.

"I am going to submit the form tomorrow is and Mr Williams want me to see him in his office" Kim said resting on the chair

"Mr Williams, Mr Williams, Mr Williams" she said rolling her eyes with a sarcastic laugh why she headed to the bedroom Kim glared at her.

After a while alone, Kim took out the letter staring at it. She smiled and when she cut herself smiling she squeezed it's tossing it to the waste bin and breathed, She immediately grabbed her phone and earpiece heading to the room it was a long night ahead for her and she needed to get prepared.

Evening came and Kim drove into the parking lot a soft sigh escapes her lips beside her was Ava both dressed in a white uniform Kim grab her bag pushing the door open.

"Night shift are becoming really tiring for me" Ava complained.

"You really do complain a lot" Kim said.

"I'm not complaining I just think I should have chosen this path it's so stressful being a nurse you must really like your job, Kim"

"I don't I just want to make money"

"Make money" Ava nodded, with a humming sound "Speaking of money... are you going to return Miran's car... I mean the car he bought for you which is now yours!" Ava said pointing at the car they had just gotten down from.

"Don't be stupid.. He didn't ask for it and who returns a gift?" Kim said with a small smirk.

"I don't know, the car you know cost millions of Dollars" she clarified.

Kim pouted, looking back at the car it did cost millions of Dollars but Miran had never asked her to return it, could she by the way? She thought.

Kim suddenly remembered when Miran had given her the car she claimed it was so expensive, it didn't seem like a big deal to her now why she asked herself.

The hospital door opened and Kim walked in with Ava, who yawned at the same time stretching, while she walked behind him.

"Good evening, Kim!" Sandra said, Kim looked her direction and waved.

"Good evening?" Ava asked at Sandra.

Sandra laughed, and waved saying, "Good evening, Ava? You look dull"

"A cup of coffee would wake her" Kim laughed.

"Oh Kim, you should check on Mr oldies, his heartbeat increased this morning doctor Williams wants you to take a look at him" Kim looked back and shrugged.

"Thank you Sandra I'll see to it" she replied, walking towards the dressing room.

"You're welcome, Ava here's yours" Sandra said handing her a piece of paper.  Ava took it and smiled with a nod she replied.

"It's another busy day" faking an excitement with her hands shaky in the air.

Sandra shook her head giggling, "you're so dramatic" she stated.

Ava laughed and Sandra followed after her why she headed into the dressing room she closed the door behind her.

Should we have coffee after this?" Ava leaned on the door speaking to Kim who arranged her closet.

You should have coffee now, after this I'm heading home to take a long nap oh, that should be after I prepare a yummy dish" Kim close the locker and smiled. "I leave some for you?"

"Obviously, you know I can afford to eat alone outside, I'm single!" She exclaimed, earning a loud laugh from Kim.

"Makes the two of us" Kim said.