SIX

Kim walked into the hospital with Ava by her side, and they both laughed at the joke Ava made. Her laugh faded into the air as soon as her eyes caught, Mr Williams standing at the desk with her black file.

"Oh, Kim you're here," Sandra said, Kim blinked slowly walking towards the desk.

"Is something wrong?" She asked a little suspicious, it had been two days since she saw Miran.

"Oh, not really-" Sandra was about to speak when a voice interrupted.

"I didn't know you have a boyfriend, Kim," Mr Williams said, Kim looked at him, filled with confusion, what was he talking about? "You should change your delivery address to your home not work," he said, Kim looked at Sandra hoping she would explain what he meant.

Sandra bent over and pulled out a bouquet of roses, "Here," she handed it to her. "It has a letter," She added.

"Oh," Ava gasped.

"I don't-" Kim looked at Ava and she only had a smile on, knowing who the roses were from. "Thank you, and I'm sorry Mr Williams," She said, he looked at her.

"I didn't say I was offended," He said.

"Sounded like it" Ava whispered, Kim, nudged her instantly.

"What?" Mr Williams asked, Ava, looked up at him and shook her head. "You might want to repeat that"

"Nothing, sir... I meant Kim's ex-boyfriend" she said through her gritted teeth, managing a smile.

"Kimimela, come to my office," Mr Williams said, walking out of the desk.

Kim turned to Ava, "You should have used your ex-boyfriend" she said and rolled her eyes at her, walking to the changing room.

"I'm sorry!" Ava said with a smile rushing to meet up with her.

Kim quickly took out the letter and pushed it inside her pocket, making sure Ava didn't see her. As soon as she was done changing, she walked out of the room.

"Kim!" Ava called peeping through the door, she turned back at her.

"I have to go to Mr Williams," She said, Ava sighed and pushed herself back to the room.

Walking through the hallway, Kim took out the letter and opened it.

"Dinner, 8 pm, Tony would pick you up," the letter wrote, Kim swallowed and pushed the letter back into her pocket.

Kim pulled out her phone and opened Miran's message, she paused and stared at their old conversation, she had missed talking to him.

"Roses?" She sent, waiting for his reply.

"It's an excuse" he replied, Kim, sighed in relief.

"_And yes, I was going to send it with a time and date, cause I want you, Kimimela and I would use any excuse to make you mine, again"_

His words recalled and filled her head, Kim flushed at the thought of it.

"_I won't touch you, except if you want to marry me_" Her heart pounded faster, and in no time, she arrived at Mr Williams's office.

Kim glanced at the door and inhaled, deeply. "I just have to hear what he wants to say," she convinced herself.

Kim knocked and immediately Mr Williams summoned her in, she pushed the door open and walked inside. Mr Williams looked at her and reclined on his chair.

"Have a seat," he said, Kim looked at the chair face parallel to him.

"What did you want to talk about, Sir?" She asked.

"How're your preparations for Africa," he asked, Ah, right... She had forgotten about that, Kim wrinkled her brows and slowly searched her mind for an answer. "Don't tell me you plan on withdrawing?" He asked.

"I'm really sorry, sir... Something came up" she found herself saying.

"Kimimela," he called, getting up from his chair, Kim's eyes followed until he stood behind her.

"Sir, it's about my mother," she lied, and he sighed.

"Alright," He came forward, and stood beside his desk. Kim smiled and lowered her head. "Is he still your boyfriend?" Mr Williams asked, Kim's gaze shifted to him.

"Sorry?"

"I recently found out he is a billionaire, an Arab for that," Mr Williams said, Kim, swallowed knowing he meant Miran. "That's quite a target, Kimimela"

"I'm sorry, sir... But it's a little uncomfortable talking about me" she said.

"Is that so?" He side glanced at her, and Kim stood silently. "You may leave," he said, slightly hitting his desk as he headed for his seat.

"Thank you, sir," She bowed slightly, walking backwards.

"Here, take this," He pulled out a white paper, Kim quickly reached out for it and took a glance at it, It was her form for the Africa campaign. "Also, meet Mrs Victoria, she would be your patient from now," he added, Kim's saddened.

"What?" She asked, softly.

"What? Don't you want to do it?" He questioned, Kim blinked and nodded.

"I would, Sir," she said.

"Alright, you can leave," He sat back down.

Kim opened the door and walked out of his office, she looked at her form and sighed disappointedly.

"What am I even doing?" She questioned, and walked towards the front desk, there she found Ava sipping a cup of coffee, she lowered her hand and managed a smile, walking to her.

"Oh, Kim... Thank goodness you're here, Mrs Willy wants you at the theatre," She said, Kim paused, and her eyes closed briefly.

"What?" Ava glanced up and down at her, "you don't want to? I have to attend the emergency room" Ava said.

Kim looked at her, and her eyes streaked as she gazed intensively, Ava moved backwards confused.

"What is it?" Ava asked.

"Ava," She called, Ava pouted.

"What! It gets creepy when you stare at me this way!" Ava said.

"Ava, ¿Quieres ir a Dubái?" He asked, Ava's eyes popped open. (Ava, do you want to go to Dubai?)

"What? are you kidding right now!" Ava said with excitement in her voice. "It's Miran, right?" She asked,

Kim's phone began to vibrate and she took it out of her pocket, the caller ID was her mother. She quickly gave Ava a sign to stop and picked up the call.

"Mamá," she said, walking past her.

"Kim, estaba tratando de comunicarme contigo," (Kim, I was trying to reach you).

Lo siento, he estado ocupado, ¿pasa algo?" Kim asked, pushing her hair to the back. (I'm sorry, I have been busy, is something wrong?)

¿Cómo estás? Tu abuela y yo te extrañamos mucho" (how are you? Your grandma and I miss you a lot) Lara's voice sounded through the phone.

"Yo también los extraño, Mama, I am at work, let me call you after work, Okay?" She said. (I miss you too)

"Kim, antes de que te vayas, vino Pablo, ¿lo recuerdas de la escuela secundaria? Le di la dirección de tu trabajo, dijo que venía a California" Lara said, Kim froze, of course, she remembered Pablo from high school the first crush that she would never have. (Kim, before you go, Pablo came by, do you remember him from high school? I gave him your work address, he said he was coming to California).

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Don't forget to add to your library, leave a nice review if you enjoyed this. Thanks for reading ❤️ 

To contact me; 
IG: Skypearlie_
Facebook: Author skypearlie.
Email: skypearliewrites@gmail.com