THIRTY-FOUR

The crowd of people cheering was loud that Kimimela was unable to hear her voice. Queen's Club was a different kind of club, and they had male strippers and strippers. As they walked in, Kim gasped at seeing women on poles, surprised but happy to see a stripper for the first time.

"Oh, my goddess!" She yelled in Ava's ear as they walked in.

Kimimela was dressed in a short white gown, which exposed her flawless skin as she took off her brown coat, handing it to the gatekeeper. Ava did the same, and hers were black coats over a purple dress.

Their hair flung almost in the same accord as they walked towards the people laughing and cheering Mrs Willy. Kim's face brightened the moment her eyes met Dr Williams.

He rose and walked towards her, "I'm glad you could make it!" He said. Kim blinked twice before responding with a nod. His gaze shifted to Ava. "You too," he rushed and turned his eye back to Kim. "you look beautiful," he said.

Kim's lips thinned with a smile, and she waved towards Sandra, who had a similar outfit.

"Sandra!" She walked past Dr Williams and sank into her warm embrace.

"Look at you! You look gorgeous!" She said Ava nodded in support, but her gaze didn't leave Dr Williams, who scanned Kim like a hungry lion.

She leaned closer to Kim, "I think talking to him won't work," She said. Kim looked at her, her hands locked in Sandra's, and her eyes followed hers until she met Dr Williams.

He quickly looked away and continued with the rest of Love's employees. "You think?" She asked. Ava nodded.

"Come on, you need to taste this cocktail," Sandra said. She gripped Ava's wrist, "You too, it's lovely," she giggled. Kim and Ava looked at themselves before following behind her.

"I know it must be nice, but we can't drink," Kim added but followed anyways.

"Mrs Grace?" Sandra called to a lady in red, she sat on the long sofa, and Sandra seemed to have kept space for them. The lady looked at them and pulled her leg back for them to pass. "Thank you," she said.

Minutes later, Mrs Willy began her speech while Kimimela and Ava held their cocktail glass, about to make a toast.

"Kimimela Cortes?" She called. Kim looked at her, and an awkward smile pulled her lips. Whoever thought she would be in Mrs Willy's speech. "I hope you do better as I am leaving," she finished, laughs crowded at once at her speech. "you're a great nurse. Keep fighting! Oh, Ava Cruz, you too," she smiled

Ava nudged Kim, and they both laughed, but their laugh disappeared when the sofa pressed and a cold body sat beside them. Kim turned to Dr Williams, and he smiled lewdly, staring at her exposed skin and eyes.

"Can I have a word with you?" He asked. Kim slowly dropped her cocktail and nodded.

"I'd like to have a conversation with you, too," she said. They both nodded and got up, heading towards the bar.

The bartender smiled at Kim while checking her out as they approached him.

"Umm, a glass of anything you have, please," Kim said, sitting while Dr Williams did the same beside her. "What did you want to talk about?" She asked, looking at him.

"Your drink," The bartender said. Kim smiled back at him, and he passed Dr Williams to him.

"Oh," she swallowed and breathed out.

"So, what do you do on your free days..." Mr Williams asked. Kim cleared her throat.

"Dr William," her voice shook, and when she looked behind him, Ava held her glass—giving her a sign to go ahead.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"The thing... I appreciate your concerns for me at work, but I am uncomfortable with certain questions," she spat. Dr Williams blinked, confused.

"Hold on, what questions exactly?" He asked. "Listen, Kim, I understand I said improper things, and I'm sorry I said those." He said, leaving Kim speechless, "I promise it won't happen again. Can you forgive me?"

Kim reclined back, and slowly she nodded. A smile crawled into her lips. "I do,"

"Alright then," Dr Williams said, "by the way, if you don't want to go to Africa, you don't have to..."

"No,"

"Ava lets me know you don't want to," He chuckled, Kim's brow raised. "I guess see you next week,"

Before Kim could reply, she got interrupted by the figure walking towards her. Kim got up, "Miran?" She called, looked at Dr Williams and back at her.

He walked in between them, "Hey," he swallowed as he kissed her forehead.

"What are you doing here?" Kim asked. Miran breathed. He frowned and rested his hands on her waist.

"I was going to ask you that, is this work?" His brows raised, Kim blinked and looked at Dr Williams.

"Come on, now." She stopped when she spotted Lima and Tony amid the crowd. "Really?" She glared. Miran looked back and sighed.

"You had me worried, leaving your phone at the hospital. We had an agreement, Kim," He moved closer.

"Well, We will talk later, Kim," Dr William said. They both looked at him, and he smiled awkwardly, taking steps backwards until he disappeared into the crowd.

"This it?" Miran asked. Kim looked at him, slightly irritated.

"You're serious? Well, Miran, I have nothing to say to you. Why are you here?" She said, moving away from his grip.

"Because you fucking had me worried,"

"I told you this was about work. I am not a child!"

"Come on. We have to leave,"

"No! I am not leaving! I get you're worried, but I am fine, fucking fine, and I don't need your men surrounding me like I am one helpless Princess," she yelled, breathing hard as she rushed her words. Kim angrily grabbed her drink. With a step forward gunshot sounded. Kim's glass dropped to the ground, and screaming started. Frozen, she remained there.

Miran quickly rushed towards her, covering her. In and out, her breath was shallow. Her eyes scanned around, speechless. She could see people running around. Meanwhile, Lima had pinned the gunner down.

"Get her out of here," she heard Miran say. A thick coat hugged her body, and a huge man helped her out, making his way through the crowd.

They got out, and Miran's car was already parked across. As she got closer, the door opened. It was Ava.

"Kim! Are you okay?" She asked. Tears dropped from her eyes, and shakily, she hugged Ava. "My goodness,"

"Oh, goodness."