TWENTY-EIGHT

The car door opened, "Miss Cortes," Lima said, Kimimela returned her smile before walking into her mother's compound. Then stopped and turned back to her.

"You know you don't have to stay here with me all-" The look on Lima's face had told her otherwise, she was going to stick with her. "Yeah, do the heck you want" She shook her head slightly and continued into the compound.

The Cortes had a small range left by Lara's father aka Kimimela's grandfather and ever since then, they had managed it perfectly.

"Kim!" An old lady called, Kimimela turned to the sound of the voice, and her eyes widened.

"Mrs Clara!!!" She opened her arms to hug her, Mrs Clara Cruz — Ava's mother, and Ava's house was just opposite theirs, Mrs Clara and her mother eventually had been best friends before Kim and Ava. So she was most likely to be here every day.

When they pulled away, Mrs Clara looked around and Ava wasn't behind her, instead, an Arab lady in a black suit was. Her face didn't look friendly at all.

"¿Quien es ella?"  Mrs Clara asked, Kim looked back at Lima and laughed. (Who's she?)

"Oh, ella es" She licked her lips, confused about what to tell her, Kim blinked countlessly staring at Mrs Clara. How could she possibly tell her it was her bodyguard? "Security," she said, Mrs Clara, looked at Lima's head to toe and nodded. (oh, she is)

"¿Qué pasa con Ava? ¡Ella no vino! ¡No tenía idea de que vendrías!" She said, tapping her on the arm. Kim giggled. (What's wrong with Ava? She didn't come! I had no idea you were coming!)

"Fue una emergencia, yo tampoco tenía idea, mi novio- Oh, no... prometido " she paused, interrupted by Clara. (It was an emergency, I had no idea either, my boyfriend- Oh no... fiancé)

"¡Oh, Dios mío! ¡El anillo!" She yelped joyfully, taking her hands out. (Oh my God! The ring!)

Kim's smile shook, seeing Mrs Clara get all emotional, and of course, she knew so much about Lara and Kim's father. Mrs Clara looked at her with a smile.

"It suits you, you look so beautiful and I can see you're happy," She said, Kim managed a smile, and Mrs Clara wiped the tears that rolled down her cheek.

The front door creaked open and there was Lara, "Oh my God! Is that Kimimela?" She said, Kim's gaze shifted to hers.

"Mama!" She called,

"¡Oh, Dios mío, el anillo! ¡Muéstrame el anillo!" Lara said, Kim stopped, she wasn't even coming for her. As soon as Lara came forward, she took Kim's hand and stared at the thousands of dollars worth of diamonds. "¡Está loco!" She spat, Kim turned back to Lima who hide her smile. (Oh my gosh, the ring! Show me the ring!) (He's crazy!)

"¿Mamá?" She called, Lara raised her head to her, and beside her she found Lima staring.

"It's okay, Ma," Lima said, Lara looked at Kimimela.

"Pensé que estaba bromeando cuando me llamó, Oh dios, es hermoso, cariño" her voice softened. (I thought he was joking when he called me, oh god it's beautiful, baby)

"Gracias mamá" she replied.

As they walked into the house, Kimimela scanned the area for her Abuela, she was the main reason she was there.

"¿Dónde está la abuela?" She asked, grabbing a stool by the kitchen. (Where's the grandmother?)

The Cortes house was huge, more like an old mansion and a bit colourful. Most of it was white and the chairs looked old and brown. It wasn't classic, it gave more of a Mexican vintage vibe.