46

Could Be Fate

"I know him...so does Juliet." Charlie repeated out loud as some guys murmured to each other with suspicion. "Years ago before we came, we bumped into each other, this guy went on his way, and Juliet had been with us ever since. Old friends if you will." he spoke up again, now that he slightly filled them in, Chairle still couldn't trust someone from zone blue "how do we know you have her? What if your team is just using you to lore us out?" He questioned with a glare, maybe Tom changed and no longer cared about her anymore. "You did go back to zone blue after all..."

"I'm gonna grab something from my backpack, so don't shoot." Tom announced calmly, very slowly reaching to the back of his backpack and got out a bow, making sure to hold it with one had, and in the other hand, a pocket knife. "These are hers, of course you recognize the bow..." Immediately the knife caught Charlie's eye, he had gifted that to her about a year ago "still...how do we know you're still not just luring us, she's probably dead already." a guy speculated aiming his gun at Tom once again. Reese, the now deceased chief's wife came forward as Tom spoke.

"they don't know I'm here, if they find out I'm doing this I'm dead, so handcuff me, take my stuff, I don't care. We have her and I want her back home."

With his hands bound and his ankles shackled, two guards held his arms as they walked through the town, Reese leading the way with Charlie right behind her. Tom didn't say anything, he knew better, he knew why they were being so cautious, he would be too. As Tom was walking, he looked around, seeing markets, farms, gardens and houses. He could clearly see that this place was huge, not as big or as advanced as zone blue, but way less gloomy, and clearly more organized.

After about 2 minutes of walking, Tom was lead down into what looked like a bunker, the door being heaved open by another man who sat patiently on a wooden chair. It was spacious, dusty cold and grey. Upon arriving they roughly sat Tom down on a metal hair, handcuffing his ankle to a water pipe near the ground. New faces all looking down at him with their arms crossed. Normally he would hate this, truthfully he did, but this was one step closer to getting Juliet safe so he used that to ease his mind.

Once the door closed and a click was hurt, Tom looked at Charlie "I understand why you guys—"
before he could finish Charlie shushed him quickly, a confused look took over. Charlie pulled out Reese's voice recorder, handing it to the only woman in the room, as soon as she pressed play the light turned red. "Who are you?" she questioned getting right to the point. It was clear she was asking for all information down to the very last detail bting his lip, he let out a sigh "Tom...Mckay, 21 years old, born in Zone Blue Washington, residence of Zone Blue New York ma'am."

Putting the tape recorder on the table the woman took in a breath "I should kill you right here and right now." She was right, and he knew
that, but all Tom could do was say sorry and he wasn't going to do that, it wouldn't change anything. "You know the first man you killed, a sniper to the head? He was our Chief, but of course you knew that. He was our Chief, and my husband." Shit, now he really should've said sorry. Now his situation definitely wouldn't get any better.