chapter 4

year 2

Hallies pov.

Snape handed George and Is results back, i checked the score.
'99' it read.
"we got a 99!" i exclaimed. George looked at me with surprise and he took the paper from my hands and looked at the top of the page.
"didn't doubt it" he exclaimed looking to me and holding up his hand as we both high fived.
i looked back at Sage and Fred who were happily looking at their test which meant they had gotten a good score.

-

after class George and I had parted ways, it felt weird not going to the library to study with him. which then reminded me that we wouldn't be sitting next to each other in Potions tomorrow.

instead of heading to the library with George i had went there alone; finding myself sitting in a window reading a book whilst the rain pounded on beside me. thunder rumbled in the distance whilst lightning illuminated the gloomy sky.

"funny seeing you here" i heard the familiar voice of George Weasley. i looked up from my book with a smile, turning to look at him.
"hi" i said, swinging my feet over and landing on the ground, looking up at the tall boy.
"i miss our study dates" he joked. i laughed. "how about we just study together despite being obligated" he smiled, leaning his lanky self against the bookshelf, his arms crossed against his chest.
"i'm on board with that."

i smiled as we both walked over to a table and began studying.
we joked and laughed without feeling the pressure of an essay or a potion.

-

i looked out the window, the rain had picked up and you couldn't even see out of the window.
"i wish we could go outside" i said, still fixated at the rain pounding against the window. i looked to George who had a devilish smirk on his face.
he quickly slammed his books shut and began piling them onto each other. i cocked an eyebrow at him, my eyes widened with how hard he had slammed that thick book.

"come on, pack up" he said, a broad smile still pulling on his lips.
i shrugged confusingly and began stacking my books.
he took his books to his room as i waited outside and then i took mine up to my room.

"okay what are we doing" i said as i walked out of the Hufflepuff common room, my hands on my hips.
Hogwarts was dark and gloomy besides the candles lighting the school.
he grabbed my wrist and pulled at it, i raised my eyebrows with surprise and let him lead me up the stairs and down the corridors.

he lead me to the courtyard where the rain was spilling from the sky and splashing onto the wet and mushy grass.
he ran into the courtyard, letting himself get soaked. i raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"what are you-" i spoke, but before i could finish he grabbed my arm and pulled me with him, the cold rain contacting with my skin. i shrieked in surprise at the feeling, my hair and clothes slowly getting soaked as George laughed at my shocked face.
"i think i hate you!" i said loudly so he could hear me over the loud pattering of heavy rain. but i didn't truly mean that.

he danced around sarcastically, swaying his arms back and forth, closing his eyes as he twirled. a smile cracked on my lips and i placed my hands on my hips, watching him whisky i was trying not to laugh to hard and show him the satisfaction of his brilliant idea.

he swayed over to me and grabbed my hand, twirling me around as i gasped and he placed his hands on my back and dipped me low to the ground.
"George!" i shrieked as he pulled me back up to my feet.
"i'm not going to drop you!" he said loudly as we danced around with our hands intertwined.
i laughed, my hair soaking wet now, my clothes also dripping with water. the both of us probably looked like maniacs. i was freezing from the cold rain but accepted it.

the sky grew darker and we soon realized it must've been time for dinner because students walked past the courtyard staring at us like we were maniacs.
i would have cared and ran off with embarrassment, but the feeling washed away with Georges silly dancing and laughing.
"should we go inside?!" i asked loudly, he nodded trying to keep his eyes open as water dripped into them.
"definitely!" he said as we both rushed to get out of the rain.

George began wrinkling out his shirt, his stomach peaking out as he raised it slightly. i looked away and began wrinkling out my hair.
"probably shouldn't go in like this huh?" he said, i looked at him with a smile.
"probably not. i'm going to change" i said. he agreed with me and we parted ways.

-

as i made my way down to the Hufflepuff common room many people stared at me like i was weird, but the only thing i could think of was how i was dripping water all along the floors.

i made it back to my dorm, closing the door behind me as i walked to the bathroom.
"why are you soaking wet?" i heard Sage from across the room.
"i was in the rain" i smiled. i heard rustling and then her footsteps as she made her way to the bathroom and stared at me.
"your getting water all over the floor" she said waving her hands around, a book in one of them, her thumb parting the pages so she wouldn't loose her spot.
"didn't meant to interrupt your reading" i spoke, still trying to get all the water out of my soaking hair.
"it's fine, this is my third time reading this book actually" she smiled. i showed no surprise because i wouldn't have doubted it.

"okay get out i'm going to shower" i spoke, going to close the bathroom door.
"wait" she said, placing her hand on the door as she pushed it back. i stood staring at her waiting for what she had to say.
"you didn't explain why you were soaking wet" she looked me up and down.
"George and I just danced in the rain" i said with the shrug of my shoulders.
she raised her eyebrows at me as if she was trying to communicate telepathically.
"what" i said staring at her expression.
"nothing" she hummed and turned on her heels. i shrugged and closed the door.

-

after taking a quick shower and changing into none-soaking wet clothes, Sage and I quickly headed down to dinner.
i waved at George, he noticed me and a smile pulled on his lips as he waved back, he was dressed in dry clothes this time which was a red hoodie with a lion embroidered in the corner and a pair of trousers also sporting wet and messy hair which made me smile because my hair was matching with his.

i sat down next to Sage and we both ate a good dinner.
after dinner Sage and I hung out in our common room and both went to bed. ending the day with a fond new memory and knowing i would get a good nights rest.

1237 words.
2/19/2023