chapter 29

year 4.

Hallies pov.

"oh Hallie! please save me!" Sage said loudly from the bedroom. i rolled my eyes as i brushed my teeth and unlocked the bathroom door.
"he's actually so hot" Sage said standing in the door way now. i shook my head and finished brushing my teeth as Sage rambled on and on whilst she began messing with her hair.

"i'm leaving you" i said, walking out and grabbing my bag as i threw it over my shoulder and began stuffing my books into it.
"okay hear me out!" Sage came running out the bathroom.
"i like his twin i think i get it!" i said loudly to drown out her on going love letter.
"how about you tell this too Fred" i spoke, opening the door and looking back at the clock.
"you're a hypocrite because you've been avoiding George-" i closed the door in Sages face and ran down the stairs to the common room.

the door opened and Sage came tumbling down the stairs, out of breath as she tied her shoelace.
"we're going to be late for breakfast" i groaned as i watched her tie her shoe as she hopped on one foot.
"got it" she said, her wand in her mouth making her words sound like gibberish. she grabbed her wand and stuffed it inside her robe pocket.

"i genuinely don't get why you won't just talk to George. it's getting hard to avoid him isn't it?" Sage said as she rummaged through her bag for something.
"i'm trying to think of what to say" i hummed.
"i can't just say 'oh i'm in love with you actually so yeah'" i said in a low voice. Sage shook her head.
"or you could just be truthful, don't work it up just tell him"
"your being a hypocrite" i hissed.
she slouched, knowing it was true.

Sage and I got broken apart after a blonde Slytherin pushed his way between us rudely, his shoulders hitting ours as his little minions followed.
"didn't see you there" hissed Malfoy as he looked back at us.
i put up a rude gesture with my hand and Sage smacked it down, Draco laughed with his mates about us, most likely making fun of us.
"he deserved that Hippogriff attack. what did we ever do to him." i growled.
"well, let's see. what does Draco Malfoy hate.. hmmm... we hang out with the Weasleys, you talk to Harry Potter oh! oh! we're Hufflepuffs" Sage said, acting very surprised as she said each reason.
"alright alright yeah i was being sarcastic." i said.

Sage and I both entered The Great Hall and sat down in our usual spots.
Fred had seen Sage and got up, George looked very enthusiastic to see me and my heart was racing. God i hate this.
"i should have stayed sick"
"you can't keep faking your sickness" Sage bit at me as Fred and George had found their way to us.

"Hallie! you feeling better" George had awkwardly pushed between Sage and I. Fred had sat next to Sage and threw his arm around her shoulders, Sages cheeks turned pink.
"mhm" i hummed awkwardly. why are you doing this to me.
"you aren't ignoring me are you?"
i almost spit out my morning coffee everywhere. i choked a little bit as i swallowed.
George asking if i was okay.
"sorry, no just so much homework then i got sick and yeah" i cleared my throat which was burning.

there was a loud booming of the bell and students began to get up and forks clattered on plates.
"oh- uh i gotta go" i said, putting down the piece of bacon i had halfway finished and quickly leaping out of my seat.
"oh-" George said as i had already lost myself in the sea of students trying to make their way out of The Great Hall.

Sage had caught up with me as she grabbed onto my elbow and we both walked to Potions together.

-

"you really need to sort this whole George thing out" Sage whispered to me in the middle of class, the both of us following the steps in our 'Advanced Potion Making year 4' books.
i looked up to see Snape on the other side of the room looking into everyones cauldrons.
"i'm trying" i said, biting at my lip as i precisely began cutting up some Ginger Roots.
"you don't look like you are" Sage practically hissed at me, making Snape raise his head and look around the classroom.

i quickly added my ingredients into the cauldron and began to stir counter clockwise.
Snape had looked back down and a Gryffindor student had poured their potion all over the table and onto the floor. he took out his wand and flung it, cleaning up the mess.
"5 points from Gryffindor" he scolded the poor student who shrunk back a bit, he looked over into another students cauldron, clearly distracted.

"i don't know what to say, do i write a letter? do i just deal with being in love with him?" i said, i just didn't want to deal with this.
"do whatever your heart tells you" Sage said dreamily, moving her hands around, making fun of Professor Trewlaney. i snorted loudly, Snape raised his head and walked over to us.
"something humorous over here Gold?" he said, looking into my potion as i continued to stir.
"no Sir." i said, clearing my throat.
he said nothing until he flung his wand and the potion inside of my cauldron had disappeared.
"start over. you already failed." he said, turning to Sage.

"no talking in my class Mrs. Jackson." he said slowly. Sage just nodded without a word. he stared at us then turned and walked over to the Gryffindor student.
i leaned over to Sage.
"arse" i whispered. Sage held back her snicker and continued stirring. i stood up straight and sighed as i began cutting up new ingredients with frustration.

-

Sage and I walked to dinner together after meeting up, i had just had DADA and Sage had Astrology. our two last classes of the day.
i yawned as we sat down for dinner, everything had gone well, the twins were submerged in conversation so i had enough time to think about what i was going to tell George. i was silently hyping myself up as anxiety filled me.

after dinner Sage and i began to walk to the Hufflepuff common room until there were a bunch of students crowded in one area, people were pushing trying to get past.
"ugh what is going on" said one student.
"the fat lady portrait has been ripped up!"
"they think it's Black! Sirius Black!"

Sage and i looked at each other. i could just feel her heart dropping as much as mine had. Dumbledore had parted the sea of students and told each Professor to bring us into The Great Hall and assist us in getting into our pajamas and grabbing our pillows and blankets.

Sage and I did as told and once we had gotten to The Great Hall the long tables had been cleared and many sleeping bags were laid out on the floor.
Sage and I both slipped into ones next to each other and laid down, we both whispered to each other.

"do you really believe Sirius Black is here?" i questioned. Sage was so scared she couldn't even talk louder than a whisper.
"i don't know but i don't think i can sleep" she said.
i laid down in the silence until a "boo" in my ear startled me.

i looked to see the figure of who i knew was George.
"merlin!" i said loudly. smacking my hand over my mouth.
"are you going to tell me why you've been ignoring me" he said, almost jokingly.
i awkwardly let out a humored scoff.
my heart began to pound as i began to speak, letting the words just fall out.
"well- George i have to be honest- i didn't want this to ruin our friendship but..  i think it's best i tell you-"

"Mr. Weasley. get back to your bed!" Professor Mcgonagall had shouted angrily. George flinched and quickly got up, scrambling to get back to his sleeping bag.
i let out a sigh of relief and laid back down.
"back to sleep Mrs. Gold." said Professor Mcgonagall. i nodded.
"yeah you could have chosen a better time then when a murder is breaking into school" Sage whispered.

1422 words.
5/22/2023