chapter 49

Year 6

Hallies pov.

"Expecto Patronum" i spoke, waiting for the blue light to erupt from the tip of my wand. nothing. everyone else had seemed to be getting it down. i closed my eyes.
"think of your happiest memory..." i heard Harry's voice in my head.
"happiest memory..." i mumbled underneath my breath. trying to think. i didn't know what my happiest memory was, any moment with George was my happiest, or my sister.. or maybe Sage.

"Expecto Patronum." i tried again and this time as i opened my eyes i saw the blue light exit my wand and form into a Dun Stallion, galloping along the air and standing on its two hind feet, kicking its legs in the air and neighing loudly. i stared at it in awe, surprised that i could even do it. the blue light was almost blinding.
i walked closer to it and ran my hand along the large stallion.
others patronus' were running around playfully as my stallion had just stared at me with its empty blue eyes.

i was pulled away from the gorgeous stallion whenever the room started to shake and the lights begun to flicker. as i turned my head the blue light from beside me had disappeared.
i gripped my wand tighter, pulling it up as protection.
everyone else's patronus' had disappeared as well.

i looked around the room to find Georges comforting eyes, he was already looking for me.
the mirror that aligned the walls cracked and crumbled to the floor, there was loud banging against the walls, the room dark from the flickering of the cracking chandelier.
everyone had their wands up as we all gathered close together, my shoulder brushing against Georges, my heart drumming in my chest.

"Bombarda Maxima." i heard the familiar chipper voice and knew immediately. before anything registered in my brain however the wall had been blown and i felt a wave hit me as i stumbled back, rubble everywhere, dust coating my skin and a giant gaping hole in the wall revealing a group of people with smug faces.

George had his arms draped around me. his instinct was to protect me and that's the kind of thing that made me feel fuzzy inside. but not now. because Draco had come into the scene holding Cho so tight his knuckles were turning red, Cho had tears collecting in her eyes.
Draco's eye was swollen and bruised, his nose dark purple. it was the first i had seen of him since the Fred incident, it made me feel ill.

"get them." Umbridge hissed at once.

-

it had surely been a horrible week.
other than being caught and having to go through another one of Umbridges horrid punishments, adding more scars to the top of our hands.
Dumbledore had disappeared and it was announced that the school had turned into an official place of hell. and what i mean by that is now Umbridge had replaced Dumbledore.

it no longer felt as if any of this was real.
it seemed like i had lost track of time. all i did. was work. worst of all, the girls and boys weren't aloud to hang out anymore.
occasionally i would see Fred or George in the halls or in class, but none of us were ever seated together because of the rules.
it was ridiculous and hard because we couldn't even send letters to each other without them having to be read for any "secret groups"
however, George would sometimes have the opportunity to slip me notes in class and we would find a way around the rules to meet up. usually to just make out and say hi for just a few seconds then be off to class.

tonight was different.
i was laying, Sage and i talking to each other sleepily, the only lights on were the dim fairy lights twisted along our bed frames.
there was a quiet thumping on the window outside and immediately i sat up. it was known that George would always fly to our window and knock for me to join him. i wondered how he was able to sneak out, how he was able to get his broom even.
i quickly slid my way over to the window, Sage sat up and watched as i unlatched the window and pulled it up, cold air immediately hitting my face.