chapter 5

year 2

Hallies pov.

a week later

"Hallie get up" i heard Sages voice. i assumed i was dreaming as i opened my eyes and saw the black figure of Sage staring down at me.
"hm?" i said, stretching my arms and legs.
"George is at our window waiting for you" she said, her arms on her hips. i furrowed my brows and she walked back to her bed. i watched as she got into bed and picked up a book then began reading with her wand illuminating light from the tip of it.

i sat up and wobbled over to the window.
i opened the window, sure enough the tall red head was flying on his broom at my window.
"what are you doing here?" i hissed, not meaning to sound rude.
"i didn't think you would be asleep" he said rubbing the back of his neck.

i bit the inside of my cheek.
"i wanted to take you somewhere" he said. "i'm bored"
i looked at the time. 12 o'clock.
"will i get soaking wet this time?" i asked. a smile cracked on his lips.
"no, you wont"
"let me get ready" i said turning around. he reached out and grabbed my shirt.
"just get on the broom"
"why are you at my window" i realized how strange it was. "and how did you know this was my window" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"i may have told him" Sage spoke, i looked at her still confused and way to tired to process.
"the both of you are strange" i said yawning and catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror, now feeling embarrassed about the way i looked.
my hair was messy, my eyes puffy and i was still in my pajamas which was a cropped tank top and a pair of silky shorts.
"put on your shoes" spoke George. i winced at the idea of going out looking like this, but with the pressure of him staring at me i groaned and slipped on a pair of converse.

i mounted George's broom and looked down at what seemed to be a 100 ft drop. i wrapped my arms tightly around Georges torso and held him so tightly with how scared i was.
"Hallie- i- i can't-" he began but i realized what he was trying to say and relaxed my grip a little.
he let out a gasp and inhaled a deep breath.
"sorry! i'm scared of heights" i said, wanting to bite off all my nails.
"probably should have asked Sage about that" he winced.
"please just show me!" i said with my eyes squinted tightly shut.
"alright, hold on!" he exclaimed. i squeezed a bit harder and we took off.

i screamed as we seemed to drop a few feet, the wind blowing harshly through my hair and all i could hear was the sound of the harsh air and Georges ridiculous laughing.
i opened my eyes and freaked out even more. but the sight of the school truly was beautiful.
George knew what he was doing as he flew around, i wanted to close my eyes yet, i just couldn't.
i squinted as the wind blew into my eyes, making them water. i guess i was glad i didn't put on any makeup.

we flew towards the castle now, i guess George wanted me to see how beautiful the castle was, and he was right because it was beautiful.
i didn't even question how he snuck out with his broom because well, it was George Weasley.
we kept getting closer and closer and i began to panic.
"George!" i exclaimed, now holding him much tighter. he didn't reply as he flew closer and closer.
but he began to slow down as he flew right into the astronomy tower with a halt as we floated a few inches above the floor of the astronomy tower.

i breathed heavily, still tightly holding onto George's waist.
he laughed historically at me like i was the insane one.
"i'm-" i began but i didn't have anything to say.
i let go of George and pulled myself off his broom, he hopped of his broom and grabbed it in his hand.
"it wasn't that bad was it?" he said. i stood, stunned as i stared at him then walked past him and looked out at the sky.

stars sprinkled the sky brightly, the lake water illuminating their shine. the moon was a thin crescent floating in the sky like a painting.
"woah." i said staring out. George joined my side, leaning down on the railing as he stared out.
"you know what... it wasn't that bad" i laughed, running a hand through my thickly knotted hair. i groaned knowing i would have to brush it out.
"but i am freezing cold" i groaned, rubbing my arms. he looked at me and then began to pull of his hoodie.
"what are you doing?"
"here" he said, handing me his red lion embroidered hoodie. i furrowed my brows.
"i'm not even a Gryffindor" i laughed at him."
"your cold, just give it back to me once we get back" he smiled. i wanted to speak and tell him no but it was to cold to argue.

i took it and pulled it over my head.
the clothing smelled just like him and and it was warm from him wearing it just seconds ago.
he wore a plain white t-shirt underneath.
i could tell he was cold by the goosebumps on his skin, i could also tell he wasn't going to express how cold he was.

i leaned back against the railing and we both just enjoyed the moment, the sky was gorgeous and i never wanted to stop staring at the moon, until George had pulled me out of reality as he tapped my shoulder.
"i should probably take you back" he smiled. i nodded and mounted the broom after him, wrapping my arms around his torso once again, not squeezing him too tight this time, no longer closing my eyes, this time looking at the beautiful sight. his warmth kept me sane. i guess if i died i wouldn't be alone.

we flew back over to my window and knocked, a tired looking Sage pulled it open and collapsed back onto her bed.
"see you tomorrow"
"don't be surprised if you don't see me at breakfast"
"why is that?"
"because bloody hell i'm tired" i yawned. he laughed.
"goodnight Hallie" he smiled.
"night" i smiled and closed the window then the curtains.

i walked over to my bed and sat in it, getting ready to go to bed i pulled off the hoodie i wore until i realized.
"wait!" i said, making Sage jump as she stared angrily at me. i ran over and opened the window. but George was gone.

1147 words.

2/19/2023