chapter 41

Year 6.

Hallies pov.

it was late at night and i was laying in bed staring up at my ceiling. replaying the image of Cedric and his ghostly face.
it was summer, only a few more days and I would be back at Hogwarts for school. i kinda hated the thought. i'd rather lay in bed instead of having to get up and get ready. having to look presentable. i let out a sigh and turned to lay on my side.
there was the noise of a car rumbling outside. i furrowed my brows and sat up.

i got up, walking over to the window i drew open the curtains and looked out at the snow covered grounds and the red car that i noticed to be my sisters.
i watched as she quickly closed her car door and ran up to our front door.
i furrowed my brows and left my room, she began banging on the front door and the lights in the living room were switched on immediately.

my dad came out and opened the door, a look of confusion on his face, his wand gripped tightly in his hand.
"what are you-"
"i haven't got much time to explain but i've come for...." she paused as she watched me walk down the stairs.
"Hallie." her face softened and i didn't put much effort into smiling at her, she walks over and up the steps to pull me into a hug.

i looked to my dad who i'm assuming told her about Cedric. i melted into her hug, accepting her warmth and love. i missed it, my big sister.
i hugged her back then she pulled away, her face back to serious.
"i need you to come with me"
"why?"
"can i explain on the way there" she said. i nodded, trusting her.
"okay, go pack your things"
i nodded and headed up the stairs.
i quickly began throwing my school things and clothes into my bag, grabbing important things like my wand and toiletries. i had no idea what was so urgent but i was going with my sister and getting out of this house so anything was better.

when i was down the stairs my mom was awake, she was hugging Serenity tightly, not wanting to let go.
they did when i got down there.
"be safe" my mother smiled, she set her hands on the sides of my face and kissed my forehead. i hugged my dad. then Serenity and I were out the door.

"you got your broom right?" my sister spoke, digging through her trunk.
i held up my broom.
"good" she spoke, she looked up at me and her features softened.
"Hallie. are you okay?"
i stared at her without a word then cleared my throat.
"i'm managing" i said quietly. she nodded and pulled out her own broom.
"hop on" she closed her trunk "we're flying."

-

we flew for a very long time in the dark sky, Serenity explained all of it. The Order Of The Phoenix, Sirius Black and his house, how Sage and her brother Apollo were there because Apollo was also working at the Ministry. Harry Potter and his situation with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and the Weasleys who were also there.

a part of my heart leaped at the thought of seeing George just extra days early.
i also felt like half of my heart was missing when i was without him. i felt so lonely over this summer, even with the numerous amounts of letters. because i knew, going back to school one of my best friends would be gone. and that felt like a stab to the heart.

we arrived at Grimmauld Place.
i was more than happy that my sister came for me. that she knew i would want to be here, with my friends, to be protected, to feel safe.
we entered the home, Mrs. Weasley had come out from one of the doors, gently closing it behind her.
"Hallie!" she smiled and pulled me into a big hug. Mrs. Weasleys hugs were always the best.
she pulled away.
"you look good" she smiled, running her hand along my cheek.
she turned to my sister and greeted her with a hug.
"it's nice to meet you Serenity" she smiled.
"its lovely to meet you as well Mrs. Weasley"
"oh please, call me Molly" she held my sisters hand in hers then pulled her close to whisper into her ear, i awkwardly looked around the room. the place was very dark and dull.