chapter 51

year 7.

Hallies pov.

Sage and I walked inside of the colorful looking shop, known as Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.
the place was bustling with people. mainly students i've recognized from Hogwarts.
since tomorrow is the first day of school and last day of summer break i knew it would be pretty packed.
the twins had been open for a little over 4 months now and business had been amazing for them. it was an understatement to say i was proud.

i had visited the place more times than i could count this summer.
when i wasn't seeing George in the shop we would hang out elsewhere. we sent letters back and forth which felt like everyday, but it was whenever we weren't able to see each other.
i just wanted to spend my every second with him this summer, knowing that he wouldn't be with me this school year.

the thought of a long distance relationship scared me. not because of cheating or anything, or that i didn't trust him, or he didn't trust me. i just thought.. what if he fell out of love with me? since i'm not seeing him everyday anymore. i didn't bring up this thought to George though. because he would tell me how much he really does love me, and how silly i am being.

today, Sage and I decided to meet up and go visit the twins shop together.
when we walked inside, the shop was loud and the place felt more vibrant than it usually was.
we both walked in, people pushing past us. kids running around laughing.

"there you are." i heard a low voice in my ear. i immediately felt my heart jump as i turned to look into George's eyes. he smiled at my smile and i quickly pulled him into a long hug.
he rubbed my back.
we pulled back and he bent down to gently kiss me. when he pulled back I wished he could kiss me longer. but, i guess he is at work.
"you okay?" he asked.
i nodded with a smile.

when i turned around, i saw Sage and Fred both talking and hugging as if it's been years since they've seen each other.
"hi Fred"
"hey Hallie" he somehow pulled his gaze from Sage to look at me with a smile.
George lent down and i felt his breath on my ear.
"come on, let me show you around" he whispered. i looked at him with a confused brow, he winked and took my hand into his. i was going to tell him 'what are you talking about i already know this place like the back of my hand?'
but the way he winked at me made my heart beat quicker and think otherwise.

he lead me behind the check out counter and into the employee/storage room.
the room was filled to the roof with boxes of products, spare products and some that weren't yet available.
some of the walls plastered with blueprints.
he quickly shut the door and immediately our lips crashed into each others, not giving me any time to examine the room.

his body pressed mine against the door and i heard his fingers switch the lock on the door. immediately i felt my face flush hot with surprise.
his hands firmly gripped my face. and now i realized how much i really did miss sneaking around like this at school and sneaking make out sessions in corridors, random storage closets, the library.. and well, anywhere really.

he pulled away quickly, panting for air.
his ginger hair messy from my hands gripping it.
i smiled at him, searching for air.
"i should get back out there"
i grabbed the sides of his suit and pulled him in, laying more kisses on his lips and along his jawline gently. not wanting to let him go.

"Hallie.." he said lowly, his voice like gravel.
i could tell he was having a hard time resisting this. i sure as hell wouldn't mind if we just took this upstairs.
i smirked as i laid another kiss on his neck. in which he displayed perfectly for me.
his hands were now gripped tightly on my hips, his body heat making me warm.
i pushed my hands into his chest, making him stumble back a bit and into a stack of boxes, my body pressed against his now.
"okay..." he whispered. "come on." he said sternly as he gently pushed away, his eyes staring me down, i rolled my eyes at him with a smirk.

he bent down to lay a gentle kiss on my lips.
he grabbed the doorknob and left, pulling his suit jacket forwards. but i saw the smirk on his face as he fixed up his hair.

i quickly flattened my hair, my cheeks felt like they were on fire still.
i quietly snuck out behind him, making sure it wasn't obvious to anyone that i was just making out with one of the owners in the storage closet.
George walked up to the two customers who had just walked their way up to the counter, ready to purchase their items.
i smiled and slid past him and out from behind the counter, finding Sage near the love potions.

"do you really need to buy one of these?" i teased her.
"definitely" she smiled, setting down one of the pink bottles. she looked me up and down, raising her eyebrows.
"hm.." she hummed, "and, you and George definitely don't need one" she said as she quickly slipped past me to look at a shelf of products that she's definitely seen before.
"oh shush." i said with a giddy smile. Sage shaking her head.

-

it was the first day back at school.
Sage and I met up in the train station, trying to find each other in the swarms of people as usual. we had our own spot we usually met up in.
it hit the both of us that this would be our last time getting on the Hogwarts express as students. that this was our last first day of school.
we had our sentimental moment about it before rushing to get on the train before it took off without us.

i was about halfway into looking in the usual train compartment door for Fred and George when i realized how stupid i was.
i turned to see Sage behind me, walking past me as she pulled her bags into the empty compartment.
it made me feel a sense of sadness.
this specific compartment held so many memories with the two of us and the twins.
"if Fred was here he would help me with these" Sage struggled to put up her bags.

she looked at me, her hands on his hips.
"stop being sentimental or you're going to make me sad." she probably noticed me staring at the small compartment. frozen. as if it wasn't like any of the others. but this one held memories that could never be replaced. the one thing that won't change in my life.
she looked out the rainy window.

i obliged and went to sit down across from her, closing the door behind me and struggling to push my bags above my seat just as she did.
"maybe this year won't be that bad." Sage sounded hesitant. we were both thinking of how weird it would be. just the two of us this year. long distance for the both of our relationships.

"think of it this way, our last year at school. and at the end of it, maybe we get to live together" she smiled.
a smile stretched across my lips.
"since when were you the optimistic one?" i laughed. she laughed with me and we had fallen into uncontrollable laughing, both of us barely able to breathe. and i felt like the little girl anxious to see which house she would be in again.
and then all of the tension in this new school year had left.
and maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all.

1349 words.
10/3/2023