chapter 61

Hallies pov.

later that evening, the party is in full swing. everyone is dancing on the dance floor, the wind blows gently, making the evening air a little chilly. i sit at one of many tables eating a slice of delicious wedding cake along with Sage who's sat next to me. Fred and George are out on the dance floor stealing the show together. taking all the attention away from Bill and Fluer.
i laugh so hard at them i feel like i'm going to choke on my cake. Sage as well.

once the twins have finished their dancing, they come over to the table and practically collapse into their seats, both breathing heavy.
"i'm going to get a drink, any of you want anything?" Fred asks breathily.
"i'll take something" i say. George nods in agreement, still trying to catch his breath.
"i'll come with" Sage says, immediately dropping her fork and leaving her cake behind. i stifle my laugh and her and Fred leave us behind.

"I don't think she's a fan of the cake" George looks at Sages plate.
"she's not really a big icing on cake person" i say, eating my last bite of cake.
"so.. Mrs. Gold" George hums. he stands up and offers his hand. i smile at him.
"dance with me?" he says. the wind gently blows his hair, the sky is growing darker as the sun sets, he looks absolutely amazing in his outfit. if i wasn't in love with him already i know i would fall head over heals just by the sight of him.
i take his hand and stand up.
"yes, Mr. Weasley" i push back the orange strands of hair that hand over his eyes and he leads the both of us onto the dance floor.

he puts the both of his hands on my waist. chills rush down my spine. i'll never get used to this.
i put my arms on his shoulders and interlock my fingers. he sways us around as we dance in the breeze.
i spot Fred and Sage returning to the table, placing our drinks down. then i see Fred slyly pull Sage away as she giggles. i smirk. they're about to have a snogging session.

George pulls me closer into him, i rest my head against his chest as we lightly sway to the now soft music playing overhead.
i close my eyes and let myself melt into this moment and into the warmth of Georges arms around me.
i can imagine it now. George and I dancing like this at our own wedding, with the soft music playing like a whisper. the small chatter of people, the wind blowing. i wear a long flowing dress that blows in the wind, George is in his finest suit. he smells nice, like an expensive cologne. the thought makes me smile.
then when i open my eyes i'm taken out of the moment, but i'm still with George. i look up at him and he looks down at me. he leans down and places a gentle kiss on my lips.
we both pull back.

"looks like our drinks have arrived" George glances over at the table.
"come on" i take his hand and we both walk back over to the table.
we both sit down and sip our drinks. mines nice and refreshing, it tastes like lemonade with the extra sting of alcohol.
the music becomes more upbeat again, more like Irish dancing music. people surround the happy couple and clap them on.
i relax into my seat and watch Bill and Fluer dancing. it reminds me of the moment i just had in my head, they're both in their own little world, enjoying this moment together. it's really sweet.

suddenly, out of no where a blue light plummets through the canopy and into the open space. people gasp and jump back. George and I rise from out seats. he comes closer to me to hold onto me. i grab onto him tightly. i don't want to be on the brink of loosing him again.
people murmur but then everything goes silent. as a silver Lynx gleaming forms amid the crowd. when it speaks, the Patronus has Shacklebolt's voice.

"The Ministry has fallen. The Minister of Magic is dead. They are coming..."
the lynx then just vanishes. theres a few seconds of silence and confusion until a loud scream shreds it, then there is chaos. people running around, people screaming people vanishing.
i grab onto George tightly because i begin to be tossed around. i look around, trying to look over the heads of people to find Sage.
how could a happy moment be ruined to quickly, and before i even have time to process what the Lynx had said George is pulling me through the people, his wand out casting spells everywhere, Death Eaters begin to swarm and we both have our wands out now, trying to protect ourselves.

"George! go! go!" i hear Mr. Weasley shout. and George hesitates, but he continues to shout at us to go and then George grabs ahold of me a little tighter and we begin to run. i try to pull at him, a sudden thought crossing my mind, he doesn't stop but i gain my footing and pull on his arm roughly.
"George!" i shout over the noise of everybody and pull him into a halt he stares into my desperate eyes, breathing heavy, his eyes frantically search mine. he knows he needs to listen to me.
"Fred and Sage!" i pant heavily. i'm not sure he realizes how hard his grip is on my arms, his nails are digging roughly into my skin that it hurts.

"okay! come on!" we begin to run and push through the people as quick as we can. i know where they've gone so i kind of take the lead as we bounce between bodies together.
we keep running and then i hear a faint yell of my name. i stop, George is yanking on my arm a little. i try my best to look over the heads of people then point to where i see Fred, and i hear Sage calling my name. George and I continue running until we find them. when we find them, i grab ahold of Sage with my free hand, and keep my grip tight on George.
"what's happening?!" Sage says frantically.
"no time to explain!" i huff, gasping for air.
i hear louder screams that echo in my ears and i frantically look up and see more Death Eaters tearing up the canopy to absolute shreds as they loom over us people, sparks are flying everywhere from spells being casted.

Fred is still casting his own and George grabs hold of him.
"we have to go!" George says. I can tell Fred wants to stay he tries to keep fighting but George grabs tightly around his wrist.
"dad told us to go!" George shouts, and Fred breathes heavily and nods.
"we need to go!" i shout. we don't have much time. George grabs my arm tighter and then i feel my body warp and the sound of whooshing fills my ears, i feel like i'm going to vomit out all of my cake.

then my feet take place onto hard wooden floors and my vision has stopped warping. i stumble a bit until i find my footing and look around at the dark room i'm in. i hear footsteps and then a light turns on and i realize i'm back in Weasley Wizard Wheezes, and George has turned on the light. i put a hand to my thumping heart and manage to catch my breath. i look to Sage who's already hugging Fred, he's gently rubbing her back as he looks like he's been stunned, staring blankly.

i look at George, he looks deep in thought.
"what do we do?" i say, our of breath.
"there's nothing we can do.." George replies.
"but your family? what about them" i say, pretty panicked.
"they'll be okay.." Fred says. it sounds like he's reassuring himself though.
"I think.." George walks over to me, setting his hands against both sides of my face.
"we should get some sleep." he says. he looks scared.
"easier said then done..." Sage mutters against Fred's chest. i nod in agreement even though she can't see me.

"then we should all lay down, we'll send a letter right now to everyone. i'm sure they're okay." George says, and he sounds assured.
"and Harry.. do you think he's alright?" I say.
George thinks for a moment.
"i'm sure they're somewhere..."
i nod. my heart has calmed down a little bit now. but i'm still shaken up.
"come on..." George hums. i grab onto his hand and he leads us up the stairs and into our bedroom.

i sit down on the bed and run a hand through my hair. he closes the door softly and walks over to me. he sits next to me with a sigh and runs a hand along his face.
"are you okay?" i ask him. which is probably a dumb question because of course he's not, we just left his family. even though i know they were yelling at us to go.
"i will be when i figure out if they're okay." he says. i turn to him and take ahold of his hand between my two hands.
"it'll be okay." i say. "you're family can take ahold of some Death Eaters." i say. he looks at me and nods.
"you're right."

i stroke his cheek and then pull his head down and kiss the top of his forehead with a gentle kiss. i pull away and ruffle my hand through his hair.
"let's go to bed." i say softly. he nods.

1640 words.
2/5/24