chapter 40

Hallies pov.

he dunked me under the water as i tried to crawl out of his grasp.
"George-" i began but he had already dunked me under again.
i came swimming up with a gasping breath and he was already laughing.
i used my hands and the force of the water to splash it up at him, he flinched but didn't care to much

George and I were swimming around in the lake. it was a mildly hot summer day and we decided to go on a semi date.
the reason i say semi is because Sage and Fred are only a few feet away from us, splashing each other and flirting.

Fred picked up Sage from her waist and slung her over his shoulder, she wailed and kicked.
"Fred!" she said sounding a bit annoyed, however i could see the smirk on her face.
George and I watched and laughed as Fred threw her into the water with a splash, she came up from the air coughing and pushing her curls from her face, she splashed Fred and he laughed, dunking himself under the water for protection.

"we better leave before we get caught in this" i laughed as i looked to George, he nodded in agreement and we both got out of the water.
my hair was dripping and i wrapped George and i in a large towel.
my skin against his as we flew on his broom up to my dorm room.
the wind blowing in my face, sending chills down my spine; my whole body was cold.

i climbed into the open window, the room a little chilly.
George climbed inside behind me, stumbling a little bit.
i wrapped the large towel around myself, letting my hair drip and soak into it.
George closed the window then turned to look at me. we both laughed.

he looked kind of ridiculous standing there without his shirt on and his hair soaking.
i pulled off the towel and threw it over his head, he began drying his hair.
i watched as his arms flexed in doing so.
he pulled the towel off and threw it into my arms. i looked at his damp hair that was crazily spewed over his eyes.
i bit on my bottom lip as we both stared at each other.

he walked closer to me and looked over me.
"hi" he said, his hot breath against my face.
"hi" i said, my heart pounding in my chest.
his hands lifted my chin and he rested his lips on mine, i kissed him passionately and he smiled into the kiss.
i dropped the towel on the ground to wrap my arms around his neck, the damp towel now on our feet.

he pushed his body against mine and i felt my back hit the wall softly. his hands met my waist and i shivered.
his lips traveled down to my neck. i lifted my head up and bit onto my lip. i didn't want another repeat of the hickey situation so i began kissing his lips again, he laughed and pulled away.
"what?" i looked at him.
"nothing" he smiled and we both giggled as we walked over to my bed.

i sat down and then laid onto my back, George got onto the bed and straddled over me.
i laughed as i pulled his lips back onto mine. i kept my hands on his cheeks, one of his hands gently grazed my neck and down to my waist.
he pulled our lips away, we both stared into each others eyes.
"are you sure?" he asked, breathing heavier.
i nodded. we hadn't talked about this before, but now felt like the moment.
"okay" he smiled and his lips met mine again, i felt his hands reach for the straps of my top, he pulled both of the straps down my arms but before he could pull it off any further there was the rattling of the door knob and footsteps had entered the room.

"Oh God!" Sage shrieked and she turned around, her hands over her eyes like she had seen us naked or something.
i pushed George off of me and pulled the straps of my bathing suit up.
"Sage-" i began but she laughed a little.
"no- no continue- i mean!" she spluttered.
George began laughing.
"you can turn around" he said, you could hear his smile.
Sage turned around, her face flushed red.

my cheeks pink as i avoided making eye contact.
"um....." Sage hummed.
"i'll go" George smiled and he opened the window.
"you can leave through the door you know.." Sage said, her arms crossed against her chest.
George looked at himself, he was wearing his bathing suit and nothing else.
"i'm not really wanting the whole entirety of the Hufflepuff common room to see me walking out of your dorm like this" he ruffled his hair awkwardly.
"here" i blushed as i grabbed one of his t-shirts out of my top drawer that he let me borrow. i usually slept in it but he would give it back.
"thank you" he said and pecked my cheek.