chapter 7

year 2

a month later.

Hallies pov.

George cleared his throat.
"when i let go of the Snitch i want you to try and chase it" George held what seemed to be the golden snitch trying to escape from his grasp. i positioned myself on the broom, gripping tighter and waiting for him to let go.
"ready?" he asked. i nodded eagerly, focusing on his hands.

George and I had been both racing each other for the Snitch ever since i was able to fly without the help of George.
even though George wasn't a Seeker it was still fun to do. and he would usually dominate me anyways so it was more like George would continuously beat me and rub it in my face.

he let go of the golden Snitch and it flew off. i zoomed after it as it fluttered faster then i could keep my eyes on it.
in the blink of an eye i had lost the little Snitch. i stopped in my tracks, looking around in the air with my eyes squinted. i groaned and began slowly flying around looking for it.
in the corner of my eyes i saw a flash. i whipped my head around and saw the golden Snitch fluttering in the air. i zoomed after it with my arm reached out, i heard George cheering me on from afar.

i zoomed up closer, getting closer and closer as i could feel my fingers brush up against it, i groaned as i scooted closer on my broom.
i almost slipped off until i felt my fingers grab the Snitch and pull it into my grasp, wrapping my fingers tightly around the buzzing object.

i felt myself tumbling down towards the ground but i zoomed up towards the sky and caught myself, my hand sweating as i held the Snitch tighter. i held my hand up into the air to signal to George that i got it. a wide smile pulled on his face and he cheered me on as i zoomed towards the ground out of breath.

i floated above the ground and hopped off the broom. my legs collapsed underneath me as i rolled around in the soft grass, my breathing ragged as the Snitch was still tightly grasped in my hand.

George landed next to me and hopped off his broom. he laid down in the grass next to me, not breathing as heavily as i was.
"see, you are able to catch it" he teased.
i looked at him. "i didn't say i wasn't able to" i laughed at him.
"honestly, you should try out for Quidditch" he spoke.
"no thanks" i breathed out heavily.

we both watched the sky turn from a bright blue to hues of orange and pink as we just laid down and enjoyed each others company.
my breathing had finally slowed and George had taken the Snitch and put it up.

"oh!" i exclaimed sitting up and feeling a rush to my head.
George stared at me like i jump scared him. i gave him an apologetic look and walked over to the tree, coming back with his red hoodie in my hands.
"here" i spoke, dropping it onto him. he caught it and and soon realized what it was.
"oh, you can keep it" he smiled, handing it back over to me. i furrowed my brows.
"won't you want it back?"
"i'm sure mum can get me another one" he smiled.
i held it close to my chest and ran my fingers along the embroidered lion. i nodded and set it back down, laying closer to George this time and looking back up at the sky. my cheeks flushed pink.

-

we chatted to each other about the most random things as we pointed at clouds, many of them looked like the shapes of random animals.
George talked about how big his family was, he talked about how his mum would probably love me. which made me feel warm and fuzzy inside for some reason.
i talked about my family and my three brothers and older sister, who also went to Hogwarts. my older sister being a Ravenclaw as well as my eldest brother, the second eldest being a Slytherin and my youngest brother was a Gryffindor. and I of course (the youngest) am a Hufflepuff.

after the sun had disappeared from the skyline and the sky began to turn dark we had decided to return back to the school.
we had extra free time to do whatever we wanted so George and I found ourselves in the library. we bumped into Sage and Fred hanging out together and we all hung out and played chess until it was time for dinner.

-

"hanging out with George once again? i feel like i never see you" said Sage as the both of us walked to our common room after dinner.
"he's been teaching me different Quidditch techniques, honestly i enjoy learning about the things he likes" i smiled. she looked at me with a raised eyebrow.
"okay why do you keep looking at me like that" i crossed my arms.
"like what?" she asked and relaxed her face with a shrug of her shoulders.
"seriously" i huffed and rolled my eyes at her as we continued walking back up to the common room.

as i laid in bed listening to Sage share about her day i couldn't stop thinking about the way George let me keep his hoodie.
i looked over at the piece of clothing laid out on a chair in the corner of the room.
"are you listening to me?" asked Sage as she pulled me out of my dazed state. i looked over at her with a apologetic look.
"sorry" i said, trying to pay attention.
"what were you thinking about?" she asked, even though i think she had an idea in mind.
"George gave me his hoodie" i smiled. she looked at me then over at the red hoodie.
"i noticed"
"do you think he's trying to tell me something?" i asked looking at Sages facial expression.
she never replied as i stared at her.

i let out a sigh and cleared the thoughts from my mind.
"i don't know" Sage said sleepily with a yawn.
i didn't reply because i had now fallen asleep.

1051 words.

3/7/2023