chapter 24

year 4.

Hallies pov.

the month of Quidditch season had rolled around the corner and the Hufflepuff team had been practicing like crazy.
my limbs were sore from practice. and we had a month until the first game against Gryffindor.

-

"why did i sign up for this" i groaned as i entered my dorm and tossed my bag across the room, landing it on my bed.
i was still dressed in all of my Quidditch gear and i was covered in mud and ice. it had been snowing whilst we practiced and many times i had slipped in the muddy snow.
"because you're good at it" said Sage as she flipped the page of her book. she was sat comfortably in her bed, looking very cozy.

"you sure?" i said, walking into the bathroom and starting the shower. my bones hurt at this point. i could feel the bruises blossoming.
"Hufflepuff has won many games by just you catching the Snitch Hallie" she eyed me. i shrugged and closed the bathroom door.
i took a shower, feeling very sore afterwards.
i collapsed into my bed, pulling the covers up to my chin, i struggled to close the curtains around my bed and block out the lights Sage had on.

i closed my eyes. soon my brain had began to wonder. all i could think about was George. i was so tired why couldn't i had just fallen asleep.
i rolled over and pulled open the curtains.
Sages lights were out and she was facing the other direction. i quietly opened the top drawer of my side table and pulled out a familiar Gryffindor sweatshirt.

my cheeks turned red with embarrassment and i quickly shut the drawer and pulled the curtains closed. i stared up at the pitch black nothingness of the room and rolled onto my side.
i pulled at the sweatshirt, wrapping my arms around the piece of clothing.
i nuzzled my face into the fabric, breathing in the faint smell of George.
it felt strange, but he smelled so wonderful, almost like fireworks and parchment. my head felt fuzzy as i imagined it to be him.
i could feel his hands delicately brush at the hair on my face, his soft fingers dancing along my skin.
my breathing had become heavy and i had fallen asleep with a slight smile on my face.

-

the next day George and I went out to the Quidditch pitch together and flew around.
he has been teasing me all day about how Gryffindor was going to beat Hufflepuffs arse.

"clearly, you haven't seen me play" i smirked as i tossed the snitch up and down in my hand.
Geroge reached out to snatch it from me but i quickly clasped my hands around it and flew a ways away from him. he scoffed and followed me around for a bit, trying to snatch up the snitch from me.

i stopped and turned sharply on my broom to look at him.
"fine. let's both chase the snitch and whoever wins gets bragging rights" i smirked, still tossing the snitch up and down.
George rolled his eyes.
"that's nothing" he said. "oh because you know you're going to loose" i smirked.
"because your a seeker, it's your job" he bit.
"are you saying Beaters are wankers?" i pouted
George rolled his eyes at me. "fine." he tightened the grip on his broom, lowering himself for take off.

we lined up next to each other and i gripped the snitch tightly in my hands. i smirked.
"ready?" i asked him. he nodded, still staring dead at the Snitch. i lowered myself and let the snitch free.
"when i say go." i said as the gleaming Snitch fluttered into the sky.
"3....2.....1...go!"

we both took off at the same time. George lagged behind me a bit as i caught eye onto the Snitch. i gritted my teeth, zooming through the air with my eyes squinted. it was quite windy and cold outside, the sky a gloomy grey.
the snitch took a sharp turn, making me and George almost collide as i turned, he jerked his broom sideways and turned, now he was ahead of me. i bit down harshly.
"you're not getting it!" i shouted lividly. i could hear the smirk in his tone when he shouted back.
"yes i am!" he called, gaining more speed.

we took multiple sharp dives down and up. i could see George's face turning pale. how was he not getting sick.
we swapped places of being in front of each other back and forth.

once i was finally in front of him and the snitch was close enough for me to grasp i closed my fingers around it and felt the little wings stop.
i roared with victory as i turned to see George who was shaking his head and dripping in sweat. i flew around him and taunted him.
"oh im so big and strong!" i mimicked George in a gravelly like voice. i began kissing my arms as if i was kissing muscles. George rolled his eyes.
"i do not do that!" he scoffed.
i laughed as i flew down to the ground and landed on the soft snow. i had forgotten how long we had been out here and the sun was already halfway set in the dark grey sky.

George soon landed beside me, breathing heavily.
"awe, are you feeling a bit gutted? it's going to be okay" i walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, pouting my bottom lip.
"oh shove off" he pushed me jokingly.
he pulled the bottom of his shirt up and wiped his forehead, revealing his toned abs and his sweaty skin. my cheeks had began to feel hot, my stomach flipped. he put his shirt down and looked at me. no way he wasn't doing that on purpose.
"blimey, stop gawking at me Gold" he said, leaning against his broom.
i quickly averted my gaze. all i could think about was wrapping my arms around him and kissing him. it's all i thought about lately.
were we not going to talk about when we almost kissed?

i bent down and collected some snow in my hands. bawling it up and tossing it at George. he gasped as he turned to look at me.
"oh you're going to regret that-" he bent down and threw a bunch of snow at me. i shrieked and began to run through the snow.
"get back here!" George shouted as i heard him chasing me and felt him pelting snowballs against my back as i shrieked each time.

we ran through the grounds, mainly George chasing me as he threw snowballs in my direction. i turned around and pelted a few back into his face. which he did not seem to be happy about.
we had made our way back to the school and the sun had finally set.

"i'm not letting you get away without getting what you deserve!" he shouted, i turned to look at him but before i could i felt his hands around around my legs and i had fallen flat out on my back. i groaned as he laughed and rolled over in the snow. i rolled my eyes.
"yeah but i still won" i grunted, sitting up, letting snow fall off of me.
"whatever" he rolled his eyes and got up, reaching out his hand to held me up. i reached up to grab it and he pulled his hand back, making me fall back into the snow.

he began laughing and curling over clutching his abdomen.
"George!" i shouted at him as i helped myself up and shoved him back, he stumbled and continued laughing as i walked away from him, my back turned sassily. i crossed my arms and walked away, smiling as he laughed, making my chest tighten and my stomach do a twirl.

1330 words.
5/4/2023