chapter 39

Year 5.

Hallies pov.

"so, you figure out this egg thing yet?" i asked holding the golden egg while Cedric did his homework.
he looked up.
"yes. but if you're expecting me to tell you i won't" he said. i rolled my eyes.
"why not" i groaned.
"because, i'm still working things out" he hummed.

i relaxed into the chair i was sat in.
George and I were doing so good. it wasn't weird that i was hanging out with Cedric because at this point he was my tutor.
besides. George knew i loved him. he trusted me, i trusted him. and he knew about Cedric and Cho. they had started dating. i guess things worked out for the both of us.

"you and George are happy?" spoke Cedric, pausing his writing and looking up at me.
i smiled. "yeah" i set down the golden egg and stared at the reflecting late night library lights.
"good" he hummed and continued to scratch his quill against his parchment.
"you and Cho?" i asked him curiously, they had just recently begun dating, i was happy for him.
"we're great" he smiled as he continued to write.
i listened to the sounds of his quill and the sounds of soft humming from underneath his breath.
life was so much calmer now.

Sage and Fred officially stared dating. it wasn't much of a surprise after the Yule Ball. i was especially glad i didn't have to hear Sage complaining that Fred would never love her, and i wouldn't have to hold in telling her Fred did like her, and that George knew and I knew.

i yawned and Cedric looked at me.
"if you're tired go to sleep" he said since i had already finished my essay.
"really?" i said.
"yes, go" he smiled and i got up and grabbed my things.
"okay, see you later" i smiled and hurried off.

once i made it up to my dorm the small lamp was on but Sage was no where to be found.
assuming she was with Fred i didn't worry.
i changed into comfortable sleep clothes, grabbed Georges Gryffindor hoodie, which hardly smelled like him anymore, and wrapped my arms around it, inhaling his now faint scent on the fabric.

my eyes begun to feel heavy as i closed them, feeling myself fall to sleep.

"Hallie!" i heard a muted voice from outside my window. i abruptly flinched and sat up.
why am i always getting scared?
"hello?" i said to the voice as i walked nearer.
"it's me" i heard the familiar voice. a smile immediately curled at my lips and i had forgotten how sleepy i was.

i opened the window curtains and opened the window. George was on his broom, a smirk pulled on his lips. his soft hair was blowing in the wind and he looked so cute in fluffy pants and a plain grey hoodie.
"hop on?" he smirked. i smiled.
"hold on" i turned around and grabbed his hoodie off of my bed and quickly pulled it over the tank top i wore.

i crawled out the window. halfway closing it so i wouldn't get trapped out. then i tightened my grip around Georges torso, his warm back against me. i rested my head against his back, he said nothing as we flew smoothly threw the sky, a smile on my chapped lips.

we landed at the Owlery, some owls sleeping peacefully, others just sitting there and staring at us with their creepy eyes.
"i feel judged" i laughed with George and he lead me up a few stairs to the very top of the Owlery where a blanket was laid out as well as a few throw pillows and a throw blanket.
"awe George!" i couldn't hide my smile, because he was smiling and his smile was so contagious.

"come on" he said, taking my hand into his and guiding me to the comfortable blanket.
we both laid down and i laid my head onto his chest, wrapping my arm around his torso, our legs intertwined.
i almost felt bad for the rough patch we had over the past couple months. but i didn't want to think about it because we were okay now and the past was the past, and my head was laying so comfortably on his chest and i could hear his calmed heart beat.
i was thinking how maybe by laying with him his hoodie that he gave me would maybe smell like him again. but being here and physically smelling him was better then hugging his hoodie.