🌹Senpai thousand🌹

~Ame's P.O.V

(Heartslabyul Dorm- Rose Maze)

I do my best to paint the roses red since I can't use magic. After I got done with the one I painted, I move on to the next rose. I take a quick look at the bush with most of the roses painted and there're some that are dripping with too much paint but I still have a few more to go. 'Geez, this is the first time I've ever painted roses before.'

The good thing is we're getting close to finish painting; at least that made some of the weight lift off of Cater's shoulders.

"Red, red...there!" Deuce attempts to change the color of the roses to red, but turns out they changed to blue instead. "Gaaaaaah! It turned blue..."

Even Grim tried to do it. "Change color...take that!" He uses his fire to change the rose's color but they ended up catching on fire. "Gyaaa! The roses are on fire!"

"You guys are really more terrible at this than I could've imagined." Cater deadpans with a sweatdrop.

"Aren't the roses fine being white? They're pretty." Ace says.

"This is our tradition. Roses are red for the Unbirthday Party. And we use flamingos in seven different colors for croquet with hedgehogs as the balls. But, y'know, the spring garden concert of the flowers uses white roses. That's an important part, too." Cater points out.

"Those are all strange rules!" Grim comments.

"Yep, really strange." I agree as I stare at the orange-haired male.

"They say these rules were all decided by the Queen of Hearts from the Great Seven. Riddle is particularly passionate about following the rules even compared to other strict dorm leaders. I won't deny he goes too far sometimes, though..." Cater explains.

Ace steps down the ladder and begins to tell him the real reason we're here. "That's right. I don't have time for this, I want to speak to the dorm leader. Is he inside?"

"Hm? I think there's still time before he leaves..." Cater said. "By the way, Ace the tart thief, did you bring a tart of apology?" He asks.

Tart of apology? What the heck is that?

"Ah? No, I came first thing so I'm empty handed..." Ace shakes his head with a small frown.

"Aaah, noo. That so? Since you're going against Laws of the Queen of Hearts #53: One must always return what they stole, I can't let you in the dorm." Cater says.

"Haa? The hell is that?!" Ace exclaims in shock by the rule he just mentioned.

Come on, Cater! Give my friend a break here, will you?

"I'll lose my head too if I knowingly let you in while you're not obeying the rules. I feel bad, but you need to leave before Riddle notices." Cater says as his face changes from being nice and smiles to one that doesn't show any mercy.

Oh crap! Did his whole demeanor just changed?!

"Whoa, his face got serious! Guys, help me out!" Ace turns to Deuce, Grim, and I feeling desperate.

"Why do I?!" Deuce asks like he's getting dragged into his mess.

"I don't have any magic! Why are you asking me?!" I don't wanna get involved into his mess either and get collared!

"Please! I can't use magic right now...wahh, here he comes!" Ace begs until Cater takes out his magic pen and prepares to attack.

Looks like it can't be helped...Deuce, Grim, and I give in and decide to help Ace.

~

(Time skip)

Well...we fought Cater, but he got the best of us and won the battle like it was nothing. Like, how?! What kind of magic does he have? It's like we played right into his hands.

"Now, go get a tart, then try again! Bye-bye!" Cater smiles as he escorts us back to the entrance of the Rose Maze and waves while heading back inside. Cater looks back at me for a second before he turns away and blushes lightly.

Ace, Deuce, Grim, and I leave the Rose Maze and head towards the mirror. We arrived back to the Hall of Mirrors with defeated expressions on our faces.

"What's his problem?!" Ace asks himself in frustration after getting his butt kicked by Cater.

"No matter how many times we took him down, he kept coming back...I wonder if he was using illusion magic?" Deuce said.

"On top of that, we get turned away at the gate without a tart? We didn't have anything to begin with. He just wanted us to paint the damn roses!" Ace adds on while still complaining.

"He's a shrewd one." Grim says.

"Then, we just have to bring a tart and try again. We can go after..." Deuce replies until the sound of the bell catches him off-caught. "Uh!!!! Crap!!!!"

"What's wrong, Deuce?" I ask.

""This is bad, the warning bell already rang! We're gonna be late!" Deuce exclaims.

"Ffgna! My shining school life is going to be tarnished on day one! Let's get a move on!" Grim hops onto my shoulder and we quickly run out of the Hall of Mirrors to the main school building.

"What class you two in? You're 1st years, right?" Ace asks me and Grim.

"The headmaster told us class 1-A!" Grim answers.

"Wow, we're in the same class. First period is Potions." Deuce said.

"Wooooooh! Sounds like fun!" Grim's smiles and his eyes light up in interest.

"I can't use magic so I wonder how this'll go..." Ace wonders if he can handle his classes without his magic. Even though we lost track of time cause we were helping Cater with the roses, we weren't gonna be too late as we head to our first class.

~

(A/N)

We didn't beat Cater but I'm glad we got to help him paint the roses. I wonder what types of classes are in store for them?