chapter twenty-eight: kurtis

It's a bit short again sorry,
but i wanted to post a chapter anyway

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

"Is it really no problem if I stay here for the night?" Millie asked again.

"No, I'd be happy if you want to stay. But if you'd rather go home, I can drive you, okay?"

"Okay," she murmured, turning her attention back to Jiji. "Okay you want to stay, or okay do you want me to drive you home?"

"I'd like to stay if it really doesn't cause any problems"

"Sure" he answered and meanwhile Millie started to think. "Uhm, do maybe you have an extra toothbrush? Or could I borrow clothes to sleep in? I didn't take anything with me now" she asked.

Joel got her a sweater and jogging pants from his closet while Millie was in the shower. She even briefly considered asking him if he wanted to take a shower together, but then she decided they probably weren't close enough for that.

After taking a shower and going from the bathroom to Joel's bedroom, she put his clothes on.

While Joel was also taking a shower, she sat on the edge of the bed and decided to write a message to Linh. 

‚i'm not sleeping at home tonight, so that you know'

'sooo you're getting dick tonight?'

With a chuckle she closed the app and walked over to the window. Since Joel's apartment was quite high up, there was a really nice view. And while she watched the streets, she didn't notice that he came out of the bathroom and hugged her from behind.

She put his hands on his and he asked her softly,
"Do you want to go to sleep yet?"

Millie nodded and sat on the edge of the bed. After all, it was almost midnight so she was already kinda tired.

She felt very comfortable with Joel, but the situation was still kind of weird for her. Should she just lie down with him now?

After a few seconds she gathered her courage and lay down next to him. They were turned towards each other and Millie put her arm on his chest. There was a brief silence before she started talking again. 

"Thanks for letting me sleep here," she said, kissing his cheek.

"You know I like having you with me," he replied, and Millie kissed him softly on the lips.

"Good night" she murmured and after only a few minutes they both fell asleep.

・゚:⋆*・゚

When the alarm clock woke them both up the next morning, Millie murmured softly, "5 more minutes please."

Joel found it difficult to say no because he was enjoying Millie's cuddles far too much. She had wrapped her arm around him and her leg was between his.

They both fell asleep again and when they next woke up, more than an hour had passed. 

"Shit," Joel murmured when he realized what time it was and gently woke Millie up.