chapter thirty two: date night

okay so this is a loong chapter full of fluff
(and a bit of drama sorry)
hope you enjoy it!

and we hit 100k thank you so much 😭

and omg, the new esquire interview and pics killed me 🫠

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Millie stared into the mirror completely nervous.

"Stop worrying, you look incredibly good" Jess said with a grin.

„You think so?"

"Yes, stop being so nervous. And besides, we need you to introduce us to your mystery guy real soon, okay?"

"Shit, it's almost 7, he'll be right there," she mumbled, looking at her nose and the mild black eye in the mirror again. She was able to cover the bruise on her eye well, the ones on her nose were a little more difficult.

"Can you still see it?" Millie asked and Jess stood in front of her. 

"Uh, to be honest, yes. But I don't think it can get any better. You've already basically smeared a ton of concealer on your nose."

"I have no idea how to explain this to him," she murmured. 

"Just tell him what happened?"

"Yeah would be best I guess"

Millie put on her shoes and jacket and got her bag from the closet.

"What are you guys doing anyway?" Jess asked curiously. 

"I don't even know, he said it's a surprise. Do you think I'm overdressed?" Millie asked worried and looked down at her black dress. It wasn't too short, nor was it completely tight-fitting.

"No, the dress is really cute. It's perfect for a date"

And after a few seconds, a text came from Joel.

‚I'm here'

"Okay gotta go, he's here. Thanks for helping," Millie said excitedly. She hugged Jess quickly and then left the apartment.

When she saw Joel's car, she jumped in and sat in the passenger seat.

"Hi" she mumbled without looking at him. She was nervous, but that wasn't the reason she didn't want to look at him. She just wanted to delay as long as possible for him to see her nose and black eye.

"Are you okay?" he then asked, since he found it weird that she was that shy right now.

"Yeah sure," she replied, but somehow felt disrespectful not looking at him while talking. That's why she stared at her hands that were on her lap.

Joel gave a short sigh, "We don't have to do this if you don't want to, okay?"

"What? No I want it. Really, I've been looking forward to tonight all week," she replied.

"Millie look at me"

She knew there was no point in hiding that from him. She can't get out of his sight all night. But she didn't want to ruin the mood if he saw it either.

„Millie what's wrong?"

She took a deep breath and then looked over at him. And as soon as she saw him, a small smile crept onto her face. He looked really handsome, Joel was wearing a dress-shirt with a jacket over it. And Millie was glad that she wasn't overdressed.

„Talk to me Sweetheart, what's going on?" he asked holding her hand.

But she didn't have to explain it to him because he saw it himself after a few seconds.