Chapter 51: Nephew and Niece

Clay POV

I couldn’t help but chuckle as I watched the way George was dragged by his sister through the hallway and into a living room that it connected onto, with me following the pair of them just a few feet behind. When I caught up to them I peered over the brunette’s shoulder while looking around the room.

It was quite roomy and had several windows, letting a lot of natural light in. Two kids were sitting on the floor and playing with some blocks while a couple of adults were chatting behind them. In front of me, that was all the brunette was focused on, but mainly two of the adults who had just noticed us arriving.

I glanced away from where the silent scene was unfolding, and over in the direction the couch was facing, expecting to see a bookshelf in place of a TV, just like in George’s house. Much to my surprise though, there was a large flatscreen TV, and it was turned on while quietly playing a kids film for the two children to enjoy.

“Hi Mum, hi Dad.” I turned my attention back towards George’s family as he said that, and saw the expressions of familiarity appearing on their faces.
“George,” the mother greeted as she stood up, looking her only son up and down. “I haven’t seen you in years. Look how big you’ve grown.” Her tone seemed almost condescending as she said that, and George averted his gaze.

“I haven’t grown that much.” He defended in a mutter, although not seeming offended at all by what his mother was saying, and I decided this was a good time to chime in.
“Exactly, you are just as short as you would have been as a twelve year old.” I joked, and the brunette turned to glare at me in a look which did seem offeended.

He wasn’t the only one who was suddenly looking at me, his parents and the other man who I assumed was Sarah’s husband were all watching me as well. “George, is this your boyfriend?” His mother smiled as she stood up and approached me. “He is so nice looking, you definitely got lucky.”

“Actually I think it was me who got lucky. Your son is one of the prettiest people I've ever met.” I responded, my hand moving to hold George’s as I watched the way he smiled lovingly.
“Aww, that’s sweet of you, and what’s your name?” The brunette’s mother asked.

“I’m Clay Smith, Mrs Davidson.” I greeted, holding the hand that wasn’t with George’s out for her to shake. “I’ve been dating your son for the past month or so, and you have raised the most incredible person I’ve ever met.”
“Clay, stop.” George muttered awkwardly, gushing over my words. His mother watched the small interaction with two of us before turning away without shaking my hand.

At the mention of me, the two children on the floor looked away from their game, and their eyes widened when they saw me. “Wow.” The boy exclaimed loudly as he saw me. “You are that famous actor guy in those disk movies.” I looked over at the six year old with a confused expression as he started rambling about my movies.

Everyone seemed to understand what he was saying except for George, who tugged my arm to get my attention. “What movie is he talking about?” The brunette questioned.
“Oh, it’s one called the disk wars, which I was in a couple years ago.” I blandly explained to the brunette, but he still seemed lost.

“It’s a movie about some kids who have to fight against an evil maniac who wants to take their music. It’s a musical kind of thing, and I played the evil maniac.” I elaborated.
“You suit the evil maniac role.” George muttered under his breath, before brightening up slightly as he asked. “And a musical is the one where there’s lots of singing, right?

I gave him a nod as an answer and he smiled evilly to himself. “We’ll have to watch that when we get home.” He smirked
“No, we are not watching that one.” I responded. “I forbid you from listening to my terrible singing.” I said firmly.

“Don’t worry George, Liam and Leah love the movie so much that we have a DVD copy of it which we have brought along. It should be in the car.” Sarah responded, which instantly annoyed me.
“Oh, so those are your names?” George asked with a grin on his face as he looked over at the two kids on the floor. “Well it’s nice to meet you both.”

“Liam, Leah, this is your Uncle George.” Sarah introduced. “And this is his um… boyfriend… Clay.” She looked over at the two of us cautiously as she said boyfriend, a way of showing that she didn’t know the full extent of our relationship.
“Wow, Uncle George, you are dating a movie star?” The boy, Liam asked.

“Well I guess you can say that.” The brunette responded, “although I wouldn’t call him a movie star, more of a massive idiot.” That seemed effortlessly entertaining as they fell into a fit of laughter which I thought was somewhat cute.
“George, c’mon,” I pouted, “you know you love me.”

Most of this was me overacting for the sake of the two young children, who were giggling at the interactions between the two of us. Although it seemed as though the pair of them were enjoying watching us, George’s mother spoke up. “I think perhaps I should take you both to your rooms so that you can unpack and whatnot.” She said, brushing down her clothes as she walked to the entrance of the room.

The brunette simply had a somewhat distressed look on his face however he nodded. “Sure Mum.” He replied. “Our stuff is back in Clay’s car. You could take us to our room and then we’d go get it.”

All that we got in response from that was a somewhat stone-faced nod from that woman before she led the two of us down the corridor that we had entered through. “This way to the room you two will be staying in,” she said with a hum as we followed after her.

After walking for a minute, she stopped in front of a slightly faded wooden door covered with white paint. “This is where you two will be staying for the week.” She explained. “George’s old bedroom.” Without even opening the door she left us again, and I barely noticed the awkward muttering coming from George as he told me he was heading out to the car.
_________________________________________
1116 words