Chapter 58: Date

George POV.

My hand was intertwined with Clay’s as we walked down the beach, relishing in the fresh salty air and the roar of the ocean. It was growing dark after hours of driving, but once we had gotten our room at a seaside motel we decided to go for a walk, while looking at some of the things to do in the surrounding area.

It was a Welsh town called Cardiff, and we got a room in a fancy four star seaside hotel, which I had talked him down to after he tried booking us into a five star hotel. There was a restaurant in the hotel, but since it was a coastal motel, all of the food was fish, or crab, or something else along those lines.

Both Clay and I were alright with seafood, but the overwhelming scent of fish in the restaurant was a bit too much to deal with after spending almost ten hours in a car. He was talking to me about how he wanted to find some romantic Italian restaurant for us to have dinner in together.

We were now just walking down the beach and waiting for it to reach an appropriate time to go out to dinner, with Clay having found a restaurant and booked a private room. Although I was going to make a point about how I didn’t want to have a whole private room for us to eat in undisturbed, he pointed out that my family thought we were heading back to London.

My two small arms were wrapped around one of his, holding him close while nuzzling into his warm side. We were both wearing warm sweaters, a beautiful deep blue for myself, and a vibrant yellow for the blond. Although both were made at different times and places, they matched perfectly with one another, just like we did.

“I still feel bad about leaving my family so early,” I muttered, my head moving to rest against his shoulder. “But still, it is nice to be able to do this with you. It’s so nice and quiet here compared to London.” My comment made Clay hum in agreement, and he moved to nuzzle his face into my hair which sent butterflies right through me.

“We should travel to places like this more often.” He commented. “Maybe when I go back to Florida you could come to the beach with me. It would be a lot busier than it is here, but it’s always warm there.”

“People on TikTok always talk about how Florida is full of gay hating, black hating, trans hating, assholes.” I muttered, recalling all of the videos I’ve seen covering the exact subject. “I’m not so sure if that’s the kind of place where I want to go.” Clay’s gaze softened as I said that before he pulled me into a hug.

“It’s not that bad.” He muttered. “I mean, we have Disneyland. That’s kind of fun. Or if you don’t like that type of grandness in a theme park we also have Peppa Pig World.”
“Peppa Pig World?” I asked, raising my brows and resisting the urge to laugh. “Isn’t Peppa Pig a kids cartoon?”

“Well yeah, it is a kids cartoon, but it could be quite fun. Something that would be nice to experience at least once in your life.” He shrugged, trying to resist the urge to burst out laughing at his own words. I attempted to do the same thing, but was less successful as a couple of giggles fell from my lips.

“Maybe we should go back to the motel.” I suggested during a peaceful period of silence. “We have forty minutes until our reservation and I would like to get changed, since an oversized blue sweater doesn’t seem overly fancy for a high class Italian restaurant.”
“Aww, but it looks so cute on your.” Clay pouted, causing me to lightly hit him.

“You can coo at my outfit later.” I reassured. “For now, I want to make sure we are ready to go. It is impolite to be late to a reservation.”
“Alright cutie.” He hummed as we turned around, making sure to punctuate the word and lean closer to me with a smirk for extra effect before walking ahead as though nothing happened..

I clenched my fists and glared in his direction before following after him, knowing he just called me that to get under my skin, and him knowing that I knew that caused him to wheeze loudly at me. Still though, I couldn’t deny that his laughter was amazing, and that the comment didn’t make me blush, a lot.

“Wait up, idiot!” I called after him as I sprinted to make sure that I wasn’t left behind, and although the blond was chuckling, he did stop for me so that I could reach him. “You’re such an asshole.” I muttered under my breath as we began walking together again.

He faked shock at what I said, but quickly brushed it off as he planted a kiss on my cheek before beginning to walk with his hand on my back in the direction of the hotel. I was grinning the whole way back as I thought about how lucky I was to be with the blond beside me.

A few hours later

“This was so perfect Clay.” I smiled as I looked at him from across the table. “I really owe you something after this amazing dinner.”
“You don’t owe me anything George.” Clay responded as he took a sip of his wine before pausing thoughtfully. “Or maybe you owe me a kiss… I haven’t decided yet.”

“Well anything else that you need, just ask and I will be happy to help you.” As I spoke my hand slid across the table to hold his, with him moving my hand up to kiss afterwards.
“You are too precious.” He cooed lovingly before pressing a second kiss to my hand.

“Stop it.” I scolded lightly, although I could help but selfishly love the praise. I glanced down at my empty dessert plate, after having eaten the tiramisu cheesecake dessert, while Clay had had some salted caramel tarts. It was a delicious end to dinner, and I knew that I’d have to do something as a thanks, maybe cook dinner for him back in London.

As I thought about this, I noticed Clay standing up, which caused me to silence my thoughts before blinking up at him. “I’m just going to pay the bill.” He reassured me. “I’ll meet you outside and we can head back to the hotel.” I nodded at him and stood up before pressing a kiss to his lips and headed outside.

It only took a few moments for him to meet me outside in the chilly evening, with me being glad that my outfit was warm enough for me to deal with the weather. His hand intertwined with mine and he began making some joking comments about dinner and how he now had to escort his ‘beautiful date home safely’ which made me giggle fondly.

When we had returned to the hotel after taking a long, romantic stroll his hand moved to rest on my waist (which I was annoyed about since they were freezing), and his head rested on my shoulder while he hugged me from behind. “I’m bored.” He whined out in a childlike fashion, while beginning to sway back and forth like he was dancing.

“We just walked in the door.” I responded. “How can you already be bored?” But he ignored my question, instead pressing brief but delicate kisses against my neck.
“I have an idea for something to do though.” He added on, and I raised an eyebrow, feeling as though this was going to be something completely and utterly strange.
_________________________________________
1306 words