Chapter 89: Myself

Final chapter ❤️
Just kind of wrapping everything up
_________________________________________
Clay POV.

“Noah, you need to get up.” I spoke to the teenager as he slept on the bed. The blond boy just groaned as he rolled over, pulling his covers over his head in an attempt to get back to sleep. I smiled, being reminded about how George would always act when we went to sleep. Guess the saying is true; like father, like son.

“Do I have to?” He asked, a tired glare being pointed in my direction. “It’s so early, and it’s a Saturday.” I rolled my eyes at his complaints before going to leave the room.
“Alright, but it is visiting day.” I reminded him. “I figured that you’d want to visit your mother after not seeing her for a few weeks.”

At the mention of his mother he sat up and rubbed his eyes before nodding at me. “Sure Dad, I’ll get in the shower.” He said and that was good enough for me to leave.
“George is making bacon and eggs for breakfast.” I told him. “It’ll be ready in a few minutes..”

After saying that I shut the door to his bedroom to give him privacy so he could change or shower. Then I headed downstairs, enjoying the smell of the bacon and eggs as the brunette cooked in the kitchen. When I saw his attention was away from me I saw the opportunity to sneak up and hug his waist.

“Morning Clay.” He grinned, turning his head so he could grin up at me. I responded with a mutter of ‘good morning beautiful’ as I gave his waist a loving squeeze, getting a hum in response. His legs shook slightly as I added to the sensation with kisses to the side of his face which probably overstimulated him a bit after last night.

He batted my face away with his hand. “Not right now,” George dismissed. “I have to finish breakfast and I don’t want to burn these eggs.”
“Fine.” I groaned. “Maybe later then.”
“Not likely.” He responded. “Did you wake up Noah?”

“Yes. He wanted to stay in bed until I reminded him that it was visiting day this weekend.” I said while rolling my eyes. “He was acting like you do when I try to get you out of bed in the mornings.”

“So he was being amazingly perfect in every way?” George guessed jokingly as he lifted the frying pan away from the stove before beginning to plate up the bacon. “Do you mind putting some toast down?” I responded with an ‘of course’ before starting on what he asked.

“Have you seen Monica recently?” George went on to ask, his voice slightly softer this time. “I mean when Noah was a kid you’d often sit with him.”
“Well back then I didn’t want Monica to try turning our son against us. Now though he’s older and I respect him to make his own decisions about us without being manipulated.”

Every second Saturday the prison was open for visits from the inmate’s family and friends. Noah always wanted to go and although I hated Monica, I let him visit her every visiting day since he was her son. Even though I knew that if it was the other way around Monica probably wouldn’t do the same for me.

I also tried to be a good parent, knowing how it felt to miss out on the first few years of Noah’s life and not wanting her to miss out on these ones. Despite my hatred of her I encouraged the blond to make Birthday, Christmas, and Mother’s Day cards, and I’d film any sport or school event Noah was a part of, all of which I made sure got delivered.

And despite the fact that it physically and mentally pained me after all she had done to me and the love of my life, I also never spoke badly about her to our son. Any opinion that Noah had about his mother, I allowed him to develop by himself without George’s input or mine.

The teenager came into the room with his hair wet, but knowing him it possibly was just him wetting his hair and he didn’t actually have a shower. “Morning.” He greeted us both as he slid into his spot at the table.
“Good morning Noah.” George greeted his son. “Breakfast is just a minute away.”

Noah nodded at the brunette’s words before pulling his phone from his pocket. George and I had gotten rid of our own technology after everything that had happened to us online, but we still allowed Noah to have one so he could message his friends. And we did have flip phones in case there was ever an emergency.

After we’d taken Noah into our custody, once Monica had been arrested. We moved back to the US, since we had been planning on doing that for a while. Since Monica was from America originally, and was only meant to be in the UK for several months, she was transferred to a prison in Florida.

All three of us ended up on a farm in Georgia which I paid for. It had many fields of fresh fruit which we sold locally, instead of having 9-5 jobs such as George’s bartending job or anything that puts us in the public eye such as my acting job. None of us had ever been more happy. I looked over at my son and my husband lovingly at the memory.

The only time that we ever travelled was to go and visit friends or family, such as Sapnap and Karl’s wedding in North Carolina, or when we’d fly over to the UK for Christmas to spend it with Wilbur (and occasionally having lunch with George’s sister and her husband and kids).

Before my thoughts could travel any further the toast popped up from beside me, causing me to gasp lightly before pulling the pieces onto plates. When I had our food I walked it over to the table and set it out in front of the three of us so that we could make up our own meals with however many eggs and pieces of bacon we wanted.

As I took the seat beside George I kissed him lightly on the cheek, a small movement which caused him to have a light blush. He was honestly adorable and I couldn’t help but wonder how I got so lucky with both him and my son.

When I looked at the two of them I could only feel love. Even though we were not the most conventional or traditional family, we were a perfect one. And despite all of the movies that I had been in, and the life I had given up to be here I knew the best role I could truly play was myself.
_________________________________________
1174 words

Now go read, comment on (so I have proof you've been reading it), and enjoy Howl in the Night or else.