Chapter 13: path of tired

Zoot was getting tired as the boat followed the ship but he can’t take a nap, not now. Janice tried to get him to take a break from driving the boat and let Floyd do it so that he could get some rest. “Zoot, you need to rest!” said the deer with a worried look on her face. “Janice, I’m fine. I can stay up all night if I need to” replied the sloth with a sigh. The blue male suddenly felt some arms wrapped around him and his small body was picked up. Floyd took the wheel of the boat and kept it on the path of the huge ship in front of it. “Hey!” snapped the small sloth as he tried to get out of the arms. Lips didn’t let go of the blue male. He sat down and kept a good hold on Zoot. The small male let out a huff as he accepted the fact that he ain’t leaving the lion’s hold. His eyes slowly started to close and then he went out cold. “He is finally asleep,” said Lips with a soft smile on his face. “Good, he needed sleep, especially when we saved Teeth,” replied Floyd. “Like yeah, poor guy” replied Janice with a worried look on her face as she looked at the sleeping sloth. The deer worried about Zoot since he and the doc have a close relationship. They have been together for a long time as friends. He first met Teeth when he was in a dark place and helped him get through that time. Zoot is the only person brave enough to walk up to an angry doctor and comfort him. Don’t blame him for being determined to save Teeth, you would do the same for your friend. Meanwhile with Animal, he was sleeping on the floor of the boat. The drummer let out a whine as he slept. Animal missed the doc, wishing he was there to comfort him. Teeth was like a parent to the drummer. Raise him into a good drummer. In return, Animal helped Teeth when he was in a dark place in his life by being the light to see what more he had to do in his life. He knows how to comfort the doc better than everyone else. The drummer can sense when something is wrong with Teeth. He wished that his friend, parent were there to comfort and tell him that everything is going to be okay. He misses his dad… Back with the other band members, Floyd kept driving the boat on the path of the other in front of it. Janice was next to him, watching Lips and Zoot sleep. The sloth had his head buried in the lion’s mane as the blonde male had laid on his side on the floor. “They are both knocked out,” said the deer. “Good,” replied the wolf. “How about Animal?” he then asked with a worried tone in his voice. “He is asleep but he is letting out some whines. Probably thinking about Teeth” replied the doe with a sad sigh. “Poor guy. I don’t blame him for worrying since you know that the doc took care of him for most of his life” replied Floyd. “He was like a mama to him that he never had. I hope we get him back” replied Janice as she lay her head on the seat. Meanwhile on the ship with Tooth and some other men, They were talking about some crap until someone brought something up. “You know that Cheshire cat can turn invisible” said a muppet monster with smoke coming out of his mouth. “He is in a cage” replied Tooth with a huff of gray smoke from smoking a cigarette. “He can still trick us into thinking he isn’t there” replied a purple-haired male with a small growl coming from his throat. “I doubt that! He is in a stage where he would want to kill anything for prey!” replied Tooth with a snarl. Everyone went silent before going back to laughing and telling jokes that would make Fozzie bear facepalm or throwed rotten tomatoes. While everyone else was enjoying that party, Flooyd was still in the doc’s room. He kept telling the smilodon about how things are a burning dumpster fire. The feline would reply in whines and soft roars. “You know, even though you are not your normal self. You still can feel things that you used to. You still have that big heart” said the fox as he let out a sigh. Teeth replied with a soft roar and his tail wag. “I hope your pals save you” said Flooyd before he got up and left the room.

To be continued…