Chapter 3: Night of Ghost

When it was night time for the band, they headed out into the woods. The group didn’t notice that Teeth had walked away from the group. The large feline had wandered into the woods, feeling light headed. His pants started to get faster as he saw something. A spirit of a werecheshirecat, his great grandmother. Grandmother Athena is someone in the family that it felt like a curse to mention. She was “the last Cheshire cat” during the time after her death. She was a healer but people in a village thought she was an evil witch because she was a Cheshire cat. So, they killed her and burned her corpse. Atlas, her husband, was feared after the death of his wife. He was a dire werewolf, an extinct species of werewolves. They both had three kids which are unknown. Athena was killed four months after giving birth to her three kids. Atlas has raised them on his own in the wild of the woods. He was known as “The Wolf of fire” due to him burning down the village where the hunter that killed his lover lives. He would then chase and hunt down all of the hunters in the village. The kids were a hidden secret to the village.  Ezra, who is Lisa’s mother, is a black magic witch that lives in a cabin next to a swamp filled with alligators. Hazel, a healer that lives near the mountains where their last sibling lived. Scar, a lone hunter who no one knows about. Teeth have only heard stories about her but were never told anything about her. “Leon” said the female cat as she slowly walked over to the male cheshire. “I have come to warn you of great trouble” Athena said with a voice that was like that of an angel. “W-what is it?” asked the doc with fear in his voice. “Hunters, hunters are coming to get you. You must hide” replied the female feline. The large feline quickly ran off back to the others. As he ran, Teeth suddenly felt pain in his hind leg. The feline looked down and saw a bear trap on his left foot. Blood was slowly coming out. The doc knows that he can’t put pressure on it. The Cheshire cat let out a roar to get his friend's attention. No one comes yet, the feline keeps letting out a roar. Teeth’s head kept getting lighter. He didn't know why he was feeling lightheaded, the large male felt tired. His roars slowly start to quiet down as the feline’s eyes slowly close. Teeth’s eyes closed and his roars were quiet. The brushes nearby shake as two skeksis show up. The black feather skeksis walked up to the sleeping cat and poke it with the end of his bow. “He is out cold,” said skekWaj with a smirk on his face. Then the brown spotted skeksis walked behind the other male. “Good” said skekRey as he brought the Garthims with him and skekSz. The Garthims slowly pulled down the cage and then walked over to the feline. They pick up the Cheshire cat and set his body into the cage. The dark purple beasts shut the door and let skekSz locked the door of the cage. The Garthims put up the cage slowly and waited for skekRey command. “Let’s head out” said skekRey as they started to head out but then a loud growl stopped them. It was Animal. He had heard the feline’s roars and came running to see what was wrong. “Hey skekRey, is that the pup you told us about?” asked skekWaj. “Yes, he has grown but not too much,” replied the albino skeksis. The newfoundland let out a growl as he slowly started to get close to the group of hunters. “What should we do?” asked skekQa with a wine. “Just shoot an arrow at him or throw one of your sleepy smoke bombs” replied skekRey. “Let’s do a smoke bomb” replied the brown spotted skeksis. The brown feather male took out a small smoke bomb and took out the pen. He throws it next to the hound and everyone quickly covers their nose. The sleepy smoke comes out and start to make Animal slowly pass out. The dog fell over onto the ground with his tongue sticking out. “Knock him out for good,” said skekQa with a smirk on his face.  The hunters quickly head out of the area. “You know that the frog isn’t going to be happy when he finds out about the bear trap,” said skekWaj. “We can fix his leg up where it can heal quicker than normal” replied skekQa with a snarl. Meanwhile in the background, the spirit of Athena shows up. “No!” she yelled as she ran to the cage. “Leon! Get up! You must!” yelled the female feline as tears ran down her face. He still didn’t wake up. She hopped on top of the cage and watched as the hunters carried her family member to an unknown place. Athena is dead and she can’t do anything. She let out a sad roar which caused the hunters to quickly look around but continue their walk. The roar is ghostly and creepy. She doesn't want Leon to die or get hurt more than he has been. From abusive lovers to hunters, a bad father to threats. He had gotten out of most of them but what about this one? Will he be strong enough to save himself? For his friends?