Chapter 8: Morning of scales

In the morning, the band woke up to Monty throwing a dead swordfish onto the boat. “Monty!” yelled the band as he threw another fish onto the boat but it was a tuna fish. “What?” asked Monty as he dropped another fish which was another tuna fish. “Why are you bringing dead fish onto the boat?!” asked Zoot as he fixed his shades. “For breakfast” replied the seaweed cover male. “Monty, me and Janice are herbivores. We eat plants” replied the sloth as he let out a huff of hot air. The seaweed cover male then pulled out a bunch of seaweed that was by the boat. “Seaweed is a plant,” replied Monty. Zoot looked at the guy like he was crazy. “Can we eat now???” Lips asked as his stomach growled. The lion took half of a tuna and started to dig in what tasted like cat food in a can. Teeth took a part of the sword fish and started to tear into the scale flesh and get to the juicy meat under. Floyd and Animal share a tuna together while Zoot and Janice chew on some seaweed. The doc noticed his cousin not eating anything. He offers the other half of the sword fish but Monty shakes his head no. “I’m good, I have already eaten,” said the sea weed cover male. The large male raises an eyebrow at his cousin. “Then what do you have?” asked Teeth. “Uh, some tuna before I catch the rest for you guys” replied the seaweed cover male with a nervous look. The doc threw his cousin the other half of the swordfish. “Eat this” said the doc with a sigh before continuing to eat the fish. The group ate breakfast and then waited as the boat continued to sail across the salt water. Soon the boat hit some shallow sand in the water. They have made it to land, New Orlens. Lucky everyone has new clothes on. Janice was wearing a sundress with some scandals. Floyd was wearing a white t-shirt with some blue jeans and some boots. Lips and Zoot wore hoodies and sweatpants. Teeth was wearing one of his striped shirts with blue jeans and some dress shoes. Monty just threw a coat on himself. Animal was wearing a ripped shirt with some shorts. He still has his chain on. They got off the boat and actually managed to get the van off as well. They took the van to a nearby gas station and filled it up with gas. Zoot and Lips got some snacks while at the gas station. The blonde male got some gas station sushi while the small male had arms filled with bags of chips and some smokes. He got the smokes for the doc since he knew that he would need them later. “You think that we got enough money?” asked the blue male. “I hope” replied Lips as he set the stuff down on the counter and waited for the crasher. The two pay for the food and drinks and head out to the van. The gang drove to a nearby town that Teeth knew too well, same with Monty. It was the town where his parents live. They stop by a hotel and sign in. Monty and Floyd carry the band’s stuff up to the rooms. Janice noticed that the doc looked down while they walked through the hallway to get to their rooms. “Are you okay?” ask the blonde female with a worried tone in her voice. “I’m fine, it's just that being here just brought some memories,” replied Teeth with a sigh. “Your dad?” asked Janice. The large male shook his head yes. The blonde female remembers when Teeth told her about his relationship with his father. He said that his father would always push him to be a doctor like himself but Teeth doesn't want to be a doctor. It started to get worse when the doc was 14 and one night after a fight that ended with something that pushed him over the line. He ran away from home and went to Las Vegas where his uncle Tristan lives and is a model. He grew up with Tristan and with some of his other uncles. His uncle, Amir, is the only dentist that can work on his mouth without getting bites. Victor watches him and gives him helpful advice. Then he went off to college. Janice remembers that when his father sent him letters, he would throw them away or just leave them to get destroyed. The blonde female actually has them in a box and has read them. They were sad letters of his dad saying sorry and wanting to have another chance to fix their relationship. It's just really sad.