▪︎6|Portals▪︎

▪︎Xena's pov:

▪︎Xena's pov:

I didn't argue with Silas as I know he will try to stop me. I have spent my entire life, saving people and now that there is children's life at sake, I can't stay idle. I came into my dorm room and grabbed my mom's enchantress book. As I went through the pages, I did find a few things on Coven Witches.

There was a little diary note that my mom wrote at the bottom.

It was a full moon. Dressed in black long gowns and with their witch hat, they circled the fire and held hands. They tilt their heads back, letting the moon's light shine on their faces.

They began their spells.

"Gloriosa coronata noctis, Te invocavi recte facere. Hostias nostras accipe, Purus sanguis et caro pura, Auge decorem, vires et co- pulum nostrum."

I later find out its meaning:

"Honored crone of the night, I called upon you to make things right. Take our sacrifices, pure blood, and pure flesh, enhance our beauty, our powers, and our coven."

For the first time in my life, I saw the moonlight being trapped in their spell. The night darkened as they absorb the energy of the moon.

I turned the page to read more.

When they were gone, I approached their sacrifices area. I found bones of animals, the flesh of meats, and blood in jars... what broke my heart was when I found a dead baby girl. She was as pretty as the moon. The witches drew a portal eye in black charcoal on her stomach and she was one of the sacrifices.

My baby girl kick me hard in my belly and I took it as a sign to leave the place. I can't fight them yet but once my baby girl is safe, I will.

Wait a minute.

Baby girl... That's me. She was pregnant with me when she found the coven witches. There were no other notes so I don't know if she fought them or not.

Absent-mindedly I reached to play with my necklace.

Suddenly another howl was heard making me snap my head up. This time it was a powerful howl and it sounded close to our dorm building.

Must be an Alpha.

I closed my book, quickly pushing them under my other books before I stepped out of my dorm. I looked around and everyone was still in their rooms, the yard looked empty and quiet.

Quietly, I made my way down to the edge of the woods.

I pick up a recent scent.