▪︎40|Clayton's Pov▪︎

▪︎Clayton's pov:

▪︎Clayton's pov:

This morning, I was feeling better.

Yesterday night, I forced Travon to come with me into the wood to have a little feeding session. He already went to hunt during the evening with a few friends but I didn't want to go alone, so I dragged him with me. He kept whining and complaining but I ignored him.

It's fun to hunt at night.

Right now Travon and I were walking to the campus. The bell already rang and everyone was rushing to their lecture room beside one person. Her pink hair instantly caught my eye.

"Go ahead, I'll join you later," I told Travon as I stopped walking.

He raised an eyebrow, looking at me, "Where are you going?

"Talking to her," I pointed to Marina.

He looked at her and gave me a nod, "Alright."

Marina was by the big fountain where the mermaids usually hang out. She was leaning over the fountain trying to get something and looked like she was struggling.

I casually approached her

There was a pink mini notebook that was floating on the water. The cover seems to be made of plastic which is how I'm guessing it's floating and not sinking. I stood by her for a few seconds but she didn't notice me.

She was so focused on trying to get the mini notebook.

I watched as she put her knee on the concrete edge and leaned over to try to grab the book.

"Not the best idea," I commented.

She got startled by my voice and she lost her balance. I quickly reached to grab her arm before she could fall into the water. I pulled her backward, back onto her feet.

"You scared me," She uttered looking up at me.

Her height is cute. She only reaches my chin level and she has to tilt her head to look at me.

"My bad," I apologized.

"It's okay, I wasn't paying attention," she said softly before shifting her gaze onto the mini notebook.