▪︎14|Friends?▪︎

▪︎Xena's pov:

▪︎Xena's pov:

An agreeable silence envelops us.

"You healed," he said lowly.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Yesterday you burned yourself when you touched me... It healed." he shifts his gaze to my hands.

Oh... I didn't even pay much attention to it.

"It didn't burn that much." I lied.

He flickered his eyes to mine.

"Next time you see me in this monster form, do not approach me. I'll unknowingly hurt you... Like yesterday." he spoke.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "But yesterday wasn't your fault. I touched you."

"And you are stupid for doing that," he pointed out making me roll my eyes.

"Are you bipolar?" I asked.

"No, but lately it's only happening because of you," he responded.

"Me?"

"You wouldn't understand," he said lowly before looking back at the water.

I'm guessing it's because I'm a human...

"Does that mean we can't be friends?" I asked him.

He looked back at me.

"You wanna be friends with a monster?" he asked cautiously.

I turned around, leaning my lower back against the railing, "No... I wanna be friends with you. Besides you are not the only monster."

"You saw one before?"

I am one.

"Yeah..." I trailed off.

There was another silence.

"I'm not really good in crowded groups... I'm always alone so don't expect me to come to you when you are with the twin or Asher," he finally spoke, making a light smile form on my lips.

I shrugged, "Fine by me."

He gave me a nod.

"Also... Yesterday, the fire incident was because of me," he admitted making my eyes widen.

"What? How?"

"I was angry," he murmured.

"Angry about what?" I asked confused.

"Things... My monster side usually controls fire and as I was trying to calm myself, it just exploded," he explained.

"Oh, is that why you were grumpy with me?" I playfully asked.

He chuckled, "I'm always grumpy."

"You were extra grumpy with me." I pointed out.

I slide down and sat on my butt, with my back leaning against the railing. Elijah turned around and did the same thing as me.