▪︎18|Paralysing Sleep▪︎

▪︎Xena's pov:

▪︎Xena's pov:

I was walking in the darkness when suddenly the whole area lightened up by the fire stick on the walls. I stopped in my track, glancing at my surroundings and I realized that I was in the same cave where Silas and I saved the kids from the Coven Witch.

What was I doing here?

The cell where the kids were held captive, was opened with a lot of mice running around and hiding behind the rocks.

I heard a big thud which made me snap my head behind me toward the ritual area.

I saw a figure, wearing a big long black coat with the cap over their head. It was the same person who came through the flashback. She extended her hand and grabbed a few bottles before pouring them into the fire.

"You must be wondering what you are going here," she talk with a soothing voice as she slightly turn her head to me, making me aware that she was conscious of my presence.

I couldn't see her face.

"Who are you?" I found myself asking.

She chuckled, "It's too early for you to know that... But what I can let you know is that soon I'll be closer to you and I can tell we will have fun."

If by fun she meant all the horrible things that I saw in the flashback, she's insane...

"I don't think we have the same definition of 'fun'." I pointed out.

"That's a 'you' problem... You have this beautiful and powerful gift yet you only use it to save pathetic lives while you could rule the world. You have the charm, the perfect body, and the glow of the moon on your skin which can make any man, any creature bow at your feet yet you do nothing... It's such a waste of good things." She talked, her back still facing me.

The part where she mentions 'rule the world' kinda reminds me of Nick, my brother.

"Now that you found your soulmate, I can already tell how a geek you gonna be. "

My soulmate?

"I'm not born to please the evil," I spoke.

"Oh I'm not evil, they made me evil... Now everyone will pay, they will suffer for what they did to me. I will advise you to stay away from me if you wanna live happily ever after with your hellhound, your dear soulmate."

My eyes widened.

What?

"I know all your weaknesses, Xena... Whether it's your father, Magnus, your godfather Silas, your brothers; Percy, Rio, and Nick, your soulmate Elijah, your two friends Travon and Clayton..."

Hearing her threatening me about all the person who was precious to me, I wanted to transform and rip her head off but my body was paralyzed. I couldn't move at all.

I could feel my power traveling through my body but I couldn't use them.

"What are you doing to me!? Let me free." I growled menacingly.

"Oh dear, don't be stupid. You are trapped in your dream right now, don't force yourself too much because you are destroying everything in the surrounding of your resting body." she pointed out.

Fuck.

My room...

I stopped fighting myself and calm my body.

"I will come soon. Really soon. You will see everything around you being destroyed and you will be unable to save anyone. If you don't wanna be a disgrace to Amelia, I would suggest you to go away. Flee from the battle and stepped away." she stated.

She knows my mother?

My mother would never want me to flee from any battle.

"And I would suggest you to keep your advice to yourself... If you are so powerful why don't you step close to me and show me your face? Why meet me in a dream where you had to paralyze me to talk to me? It's my dream and I'm the owner of it. I'm way more powerful than that and I will destroy you if you even dare touch my family or anyone close to me. You are a miserable, coward Witch." I snapped.

She screeches as she grabbed a bottle and threw it at me. Fortunately, since it's my dream, I have control so before the bottle could reach me, it disappeared into black smoke.

Glaring at the witch, I took a step forward breaking the paralyzing spell which made her step back.

"You wanna come, you do so but be aware that I'm waiting for you. I'm not leaving anywhere and now that you made yourself known, don't be surprised if I find you before you find me!"

I jolted awake and found myself in my room. My whole body was freezing cold and for once I wasn't sweating.

Sighing, I turned on the table lights. My whole room was destroyed. Everything was broken and in pieces, no doubt from the powerful magic that I emitted while being in that dream paralysis.

Shit.

I climbed off my bed and turned on the main light. I recited the spell that unhide my mother's journal and I started to look for a spell that can put my room back together.

I hope I wasn't too loud and no one heard me...

Fifteen minutes later, I was standing in the corner with the book in my hands and I was doing magic. It took a couple of minutes but my room was back to its normal look.

I sat on the edge of my bed.

Everything she said was playing in my mind and I was feeling angry yet scared a little bit. I did win this argument but I hope I was right about being able to protect everyone.

I hope I make my momma proud.

Wait a minute...

She mentioned something about soulmates.

Elijah is my soulmate!?

Does that still exist?

That would explain a lot of things though.

It was still 4 a.m. and I figured out that I should probably go back to sleep considering that I have early morning lectures. I lay in my bed, looking at the ceiling. My eyes weren't closing, they wandered around while my brain was coming up with a lot of questions.

There are three important things that I need to do.

One, I need to talk to Silas about this... Two, we both need to get Dad involved because he's the one responsible for the campus decisions and three, I need to know if Elijah is really my soulmate.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah