CHAPTER 23

Ever since that day, the texts and calls from Yeji are way more intense. Winter is a little overwhelmed with it.

Yeji: call me when you get home

Yeji: when are you gonna meet them again?

Yeji: where is it?

Yeji: I'll go with you

Winter sighs. She takes her phone and opens the texts.

Winter: at the café. I'll go after my last class. You can come.

After sending that short message, Winter goes back to focus on her ongoing class. Other than the texting problem, Winter now has to always turn on her ringtone by Yeji's request. So, even when Winter is busy, she'll know that there are bunch of notifications from her girlfriend.

Yeji: okay

Yeji: I'll wait for you at the café after I'm done with work

-

After taking a shower and pampering herself, Winter gets out of her room. when she's about to open the front door, her mother stops her.

"wait, dear." The mother walks towards her with a lunchbox. "can you give this to Karina? I noticed that she's not feeling well. I think she needs something warm." She gave the box to Winter. "careful, it's soup."

Winter has no other choice. She nods at her and heads out of her unit.

Right in front of Karina's unit, she knocks a few times, hoping for a quick respond. It feels longer than needed for Winter. she can just drop the box and text Karina about it but for some reason, it's not right to do that. her mother trusted her to give it to Karina so she has to deliver it to the person.

After some time waiting, Winter finally heard the door unlocked. Karina comes out with her pajamas and doubled it with a cardigan. She's indeed looks unwell.

"sorry to bother your rest. My mother gave me this for you." Winter gives the lunchbox to Karina. "I hope you recover soon."

"thank you so much. Tell that to her."

Before Winter can answer, the sound of her ringtone startled both of them. Winter quickly answers the call, knowing that it's Yeji.

"I'm on my way. Wait." Winter moves back and tilts her body a little.

"you're not on the bus. Are you still home?"

"yeah. My mother suddenly asked me to..." Winter glanced at Karina who seems like she understands what's going on. "buy her something. I'll be there in ten mins."

"your friend is here. The girl."

"okay. tell her to wait." Winter then hangs up the call. She looks at Karina, still waiting on the door. "sorry. Anyway, I gotta go. Enjoy your meal. Have a good day."

Winter walks away so quick, Karina didn't have time to reply. There's another thing that Karina noticed from Winter. she looks unusually stressed. Maybe because the protective side of Yeji is starting to show. Regardless, Karina have no right to step in their relationship.

-

Winter walks into the café, immediately noticing Chaehyun and Yeji having a conversation. She approached them and sits beside Yeji.

"sorry I'm late." Winter hurriedly takes out her laptop.

"hey, I ordered something for you." Yeji smiles, sliding a glass towards Winter.

"oh, perfect." Winter smiles back at her. she then looks at Chaehyun after sipping the drink. "so, any updates?"

"yes, I talked to the professor about our project. He said that it's good enough for us." Chaehyun happily informed. "he said that we need to fix some designs as well. I already told Kai about it."

"well, then. I hope we can finish this by next week." Winter looks back at her laptop.

"aye yo! What's up, mates?" Yeonjun greeted them with Kai following him. "who's this?" he asked, sitting beside Chaehyun.

"where do I sit, then?" Kai scratched his head.

"don't be a baby. Get a chair." Yeonjun looked at him then to Yeji. "hey, I'm Yeonjun." He smiles at her.

"I'm Yeji. Winter's girlfriend." Yeji smiles at him.

"damn. I knew you're gay." Yeonjun laughed it out, followed by Kai's stifles. "no problem, pal. Open arms, open minds. I accept you." he giggles.

"just show me what you've worked on." Winter shook her head, taking them as a joke.

"everything is perfect. You'll be shocked."

-

Hours of working, the boys are taking a break while the other three are still in the café. Yeji is occupied by her phone and Winter is still focusing on her laptop.

"um... Winter?" Chaehyun called. She steals a glance to Yeji before tilting her laptop towards Winter.

"what?" Winter looks at the screen given to her. "oh, that's fine. no errors, right?"

"no, but glitches are visible for the minigames." Chaehyun looks bothered with her furrowed eyebrows.

"should I call Yeonjun instead?" Winter suggested.

"it's alright. I'll ask him later." Chaehyun pressed a smile.

Winter noticed that something is bothering Chaehyun. Since Yeji is here, she can't be 'too nice' about it. therefore, she goes back to her own work, minding her own business.

"babe, I'm hungry." Yeji pouts, leaning on Winter while she linked her arm on her. "are you done?"

"I think so. I still need to revise what they work on, though."

"I didn't know you're their leader." Yeji nudged her arm, teasing her. "can you do that at home?"

"well, I have other plan."

Soon after, the other two boys comes back. they go back to work on the project and talking on their own.

"guys, I think I'll go first." Winter informed. "sorry I had to leave early."

"you said we have a target, today. Are you for real?" Yeonjun raised an eyebrow. "next time we meet, we have to go home together."

"give her a rest. She did way more than you guys, anyway." Yeji chimed in.

"hey. Why did you say that?" Winter glares at her. "I did say we have a target. You don't have to be rude to them."

"I'm telling the truth." Yeji defended herself.

Yeonjun looks at them weirdly and Winter is aware of that. she packs up her things as Yeonjun commented on them.

"you got a problem up your sleeves, buddy."