T W E N T Y - S E V E N

CHAPTER 27: 

1 Year Later

Breaking News

"We're sorry for interrupting your regularly scheduled programming folks" a seasoned news anchor announced said, a tight smile on his wrinkled face "But we just received news from our sister station in New Orleans about a mission persons cases that everyone in the nation has been following very closely"

"And live from the Louisiana XYZ Station is our fellow correspondent Mara Waters" the anchor said "Mara, what updates do you have for us?"

"Unfortunately Henry, the update we've been waiting for is not a positive one" Mara responded, her eyes taking on a watery sheen "According to the local Police, two bodies were recovered last night, miles away from where the missing teens from last year were staying."

"The bodies were found miles away from the hotel room the teens were originally staying at?" an anchor said "Were the victims identified? Has foul play been suspected?"

"Local police haven't released that information yet" Mara replied "But they do have a press conference scheduled for later this afternoon"

"Is there anything you can you tell us about this horrific and tragic case?"

"Our of respect for the families, First responders and Police are keeping tight lipped about details regarding the case" the news anchor grimaced "But from what we gathered from eyewitness accounts, the bodies were found by the groundskeeper, face down in the Bayou, and a few feet away from each other.

Gasps sounded from the seasoned anchors "Oh my God..." 

"The families have been notified and are sending representatives to the Morgue to verify the bodies" the reported said "And as for where the bodies have been found, according to our sources, the property has been abandoned for decades."