Chapter 1

(My artwork)

I sat in the back corner of the class just messing around with my pencil, I wasn't really paying much attention sense it was the class where we'd take our finals, meaning they'd call us in one by one and have us preform a jutsu which wouldn't be that hard for me. I'm naturally quiet in my class sense I'm a whole 2 years younger then the grade because everyone in my class is 12 but I'm 10. At my age I shouldn't be the top of this class but I am. Reason being my father, Kakashi Hatake; the copy ninja, handed me down something very useful. My mother which my father would never speak her name also gave me a useful thing. No one knows but my father and a few other of the higher ranked shinobi in our village. He won't explain them to me either until I can develop the full power, I only know about the sharingan eye that my father has which I assume is what he handed me down. My father named me Hitomi because it means pupil, of the eye, and my eyes are the prettiest in all the village my father says. Also he tells me both my special abilities involve my eyes so it felt like a fitting name for me.

"Hatake Hitomi" Iruka Sensei calls me down to take the exam snapping me out of my day dream about being a real ninja.

I walk slowly down the steps and into the next room. I stand before him and another shinobi I don't particularly recognize.

"Alright Hitomi, I'm gonna have you do the shadow clone jutsu" Iruka Sensei said with a smile knowing it isn't hard for me.

I gave a swift nod before focusing my chakra. Without a word which is impressive for someone of my age I managed to produce 5 shadow clones of perfect form.

"Impressive Hitomi, you passed! Congratulations!" Iruka Sensei said wit a smile holding out my headband that all the ninja from the village hidden in the leaf wear.

I make my naturally dorky face that I learned from seeing my father smile like that a lot at me. Iruka Sensei was always my favorite of the teachers here at the academy. He treated me like the rest of the class as an equal. It was pleasing that he could see I was at the same level as the rest of the ninja in this class.

After everyone completed the exam the parents met us outside to congratulate us. My dad was out on a mission that was very important so I just went around the crowd. I saw a kid alone on the swing, the only kid that didn't pass, Naruto Uzamaki. I walked over and sat down in front of him, he looked at me seeing sad. I smiled half way at him.

"Who are you?" He mumbles looking at the crowd with a distaste in his eyes.

"I'm Hitomi, I'm in your class" I sat quietly watching him sway on the swing.

"Oh right the little one that's really good" Naruto said with a slight anger hinting to his voice

"Yeah.." I half smiled with a small sigh "don't best yourself up over it. Just train harder and beat it next time!"

I gave him a pat on the back and stood up and ran to my house. Naruto has always been a goofball but I know he has the strive he needs to go far.