Chapter 9

After we got to Tasuna's house his daughter brought my dad to a room to lay down and rest for a bit.  They gave us food and water and we sat at the table and ate.  Afterwords my dad called for all of us and we went to his room.  We all surrounded my father.

"If Zabuza is still alive then this mission got a whole lot more dangerous" My dad started "Tomorrow we will start your training so we can be prepared for Zabuza's return."

The three of us nodded and we were dismissed for the night.  As I started out the room my dad stopped me by calling for me. 

"Hitomi, a word please" 

I returned to where I was and knelled down close to his head.

"I see you discovered part of your mothers roots" He said looking up at me and meeting my eyes.

"Yes father, Neji Hyuga suspected my mother was from his clan and it has proven to be accurate" I spoke bowing my head "I'm sorry father"

"Don't be. I wanted you to discover that power on your own" He smiled and reached his hand out and patted my head.

His expression then returned to serious

"No one knew of this of course.  Except for the Hokage and a few high level jonin but to the Hyuga clan it remained a mystery after she got pregnant with you she ran away from the clan and had you in private deep in the forest with me by her side.  After your birth the Hokage informed the head of the Hyuga clan.  Your mother was sister to Hinata Hyuga and Neji Hyuga's fathers.  By the time the Hokage told the Hyuga's your  mother was long gone and the Hokage gave me custody of my child, you, and the duty to protect the leaf villages two special Kekkei Genkai held in one small child. You." He spoke letting all this settle on me.

As his story was told my collarbone tingled with a sensation I couldn't figure out.  This was all so much to take in.

"I believe I've done a great job raising you Hitomi" He said smiling  once again 

"Yes father you have, Thank you so much" I said bowing my head again 

"Now let me rest" He said clearly dismissing me

Now that is a lot of information. I made a note to tell Neji when I get back.