Chapter 25

I stood leaning against the railing watching the proctor discuss further with Sasuke about he match. I was concerned about Sasuke's well being. I hope he'll be okay.. I felt a hand on my shoulder.  I looked up to see my father looking at me.

"I'll take care of Sasuke when he wins." He said with full faith in Sasuke and that he was going to win.

Right I shouldn't be concerned.  He is Sasuke after all. When I looked back down the match has begun and I could see Sasuke trying to figure out how to beat this guy without using any chakra which is probably what my dad told him to do.  The fight was over quick.  Sasuke used some tijutsu move I've never seen him do before.  After that it was all over for the other guy.

"Yes! Way to go Sasuke!" I cheered along with Ino Yamanaka who I know has a huge crush on Sasuke.

She shot me a side glare bu gasped as Sasuke collapsed.  My dad jumped down and carried him off along with some medical ninja.  I sighed hoping Sasuke was okay.

"Hey Hitomi? Is Sasuke okay?" Naruto asked me quietly.

Sasuke's voice rang through my mind. 'And don't tell Naruto'. I promised Sasuke I wouldn't tell Naruto so I won't.  I decided to quickly think of a excuse.

"I think he's still exhausted from the second exam" I lied but kept a straight face with a reassuring smile so Naruto wouldn't worry. 

Naruto smiled at me and nodded.  We then focused our attention to the board where the next two names were up

Abumi Zaku

vs.

Aburame Shino

Shino stepped forward along with the sound ninja who's arms got broken by Sasuke.  A shiver went through my spine at the thought of that.  The memory of that encounter still clear in my mind.  

"Hey Naruto I'm gonna go wonder around a bit and chat with people and think" I said before walking off towards Neji's team.

I scanned the area again.  Damn... There's no tree so my jutsus are useless.

"Is something wrong Hitomi? You seem troubled." Neji's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I'm just trying to think of a strategy that is all" I said looking up at him.

I took a glance down at Shino he seemed to be doing fairly well against the sound ninja.

"Yeah, well you do have 3 options, Byakugan, Sharingan or your regular style of fighting. It all depends who your opponent is but just never under estimate your opponents power"  Neji said patting my shoulder before looking back to the field where Shino has just beat his opponent.

Soon it was time for the next match.

Tsurugi Misumi

vs

Kankuro

This time I only recognized the name of the older sand ninja with the wrapped thing on his back.  My encounter with him still scary but now I can see what he has in store for us.  His opponent was the other one of Kankuro's partners.

I felt eyes on me and I looked up to meet the eyes of the younger sand ninja's. I have still yet to hear his name.  He just kept staring at me so it caused me to get extremely flustered.  I quickly looked away.

"Hitomi?" Neji asked putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine.." I say returning my eyes to the field where Kankuro was tangled by the other guy.

That's when I saw the thing on his back unwrapping and the real Kankuro jumped out the other turning into a puppet.  The match was soon over after that.

"So he's a puppet master then?" I mumbled to myself.

"A what?" Neji asked clearly confused.

"Puppet Master. They wield their chakra and shoot them out of their finger tips to control ninja puppets."  Guy Sensei cut in and I nodded.

Neji and I returned our attention to the screen where it resumed spinning through names,

Hatake Hitomi

vs

Yamanaka Ino

So its my turn then?

"Good luck Hitomi" Neji said as I jumped down to the field.